Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

Wires, Connections, and Signal Integrity

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum Wires, Connections, and Signal Integrity

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    fcleff69

One or more of them is compatible with a 1/4″.

Solid burn. 🔥🔥🔥

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Solid burn. 🔥🔥🔥

It’s going to be a solid burn, when we play Star Wars, and I stick you in the mouth with my meat saber.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Still4strings
    Participant

Solid burn. 🔥🔥🔥

I’m sure it is and maybe they need some ointment.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

In case anyone cares (to see my balls)(settle down Laura), I went with Jeffs suggestion and I ordered two Pure Tone jacks… One in black nickel (which is what I wanted) and one in gold (which is a much better conductor).

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

Barrel jacks by design are horrible.

But, is there one brand that is less horrid?

Specifically, a replacement for my streamer.  It decided to get sketchy yesterday.

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Specifically, a replacement for my streamer. It decided to get sketchy yesterday.

I never had problems with Swtichcraft or the StewMac barrel jacks. Side by side they looked identical, so maybe StewMac sources from Switchcraft.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Specifically, a replacement for my streamer. It decided to get sketchy yesterday.

I never had problems with Swtichcraft or the StewMac barrel jacks. Side by side they looked identical, so maybe StewMac sources from Switchcraft.

Thanks, what about the volume pot?  (Stock Streamer active/passive electronics)

https://reverb.com/item/3598358-warwick-push-pull-volume-pot-mec-m84500-bass-part-corvette-streamer-thumb-bo

WTP??

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Heh, my Streamer needs a replacement as well.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Thanks, what about the volume pot?  (Stock Streamer active/passive electronics)   https://reverb.com/item/3598358-warwick-push-pull-volume-pot-mec-m84500-bass-part-corvette-streamer-thumb-bo WTP??

Whoa, that seems excessive.  That’s a $10 part, I would imagine.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I believe that I have at least one, maybe more… Bourns Push/ Pull pots. If memory serves, they’re the best available. Why can’t you guys just clean yours? I thought that Deoxit was the magical elixir of life, and that using it instantly restored all electronics, and added 2″ to your cock.

... Al Capone

Andyman001
    Participant

Direct from Warwick

https://shop.warwick.de/en/parts-for-instruments/electronics-parts/potentiometer/21153/mec-mono-potentiometers-with-push/pull-function

Playing bass for 35 years, taking time out for meals, of course

Still4strings
    Participant

I believe that I have at least one, maybe more… Bourns Push/ Pull pots. If memory serves, they’re the best available. Why can’t you guys just clean yours? I thought that Deoxit was the magical elixir of life, and that using it instantly restored all electronics, and added 2″ to your cock.

Bourns are excellent quality pots. Deoxit has saved many a scratchy pot for me. If the resistive track is worn out it won’t help with that, but Deoxit does wonders for getting crud out and making scratchy pots sound like new.

Still4strings
    Participant

Thanks, what about the volume pot? (Stock Streamer active/passive electronics) https://reverb.com/item/3598358-warwick-push-pull-volume-pot-mec-m84500-bass-part-corvette-streamer-thumb-bo WTP??

Whoa, that seems excessive. That’s a $10 part, I would imagine.

$114!!! So much crack being smoked!!!! Maybe somebody could buy that and put it in the $3500 bowling-ball green fretless.

Andyman001
    Participant

Heh, my Streamer needs a replacement as well.

I got this one for my SR-506 :

Playing bass for 35 years, taking time out for meals, of course

Still4strings
    Participant

I noticed that Andy’s link for the pot direct from Warwick links to an A25k pot (typical for active pickups) and the one on Reverb for crack money is a B500k (likely for passive pickups) so just make sure you know what flavor of pot you need before ordering it from anywhere.

Also- Friends don’t let friends buy pots from crackheads. If you figure out the exact specs you can likely get it from Warwick, as Andy suggested, and you may also be able to find it at Mouser or Digikey.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Bourns are excellent quality pots. Deoxit has saved many a scratchy pot for me. If the resistive track is worn out it won’t help with that, but Deoxit does wonders for getting crud out and making scratchy pots sound like new.

I don’t think deoxit will save this one.  Volume 1-5, then nothing and again 8-10.

🐣 25+ Best Memes About Somethings Fucky | Somethings Fucky Memes

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

Direct from Warwick

https://shop.warwick.de/en/parts-for-instruments/electronics-parts/potentiometer/21153/mec-mono-potentiometers-with-push/pull-function

PHUC ME!!!

Still4strings
    Participant

I don’t think deoxit will save this one.  Volume 1-5, then nothing and again 8-10.

You don’t need 6 and 7!  😛

I’ve been surprised at Deoxit fixing seemingly boned pots, so it’s worth a try. It sounds like it’s broken, likely.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

I noticed that Andy’s link for the pot direct from Warwick links to an A25k pot (typical for active pickups) and the one on Reverb for crack money is a B500k (likely for passive pickups) so just make sure you know what flavor of pot you need before ordering it from anywhere.

Also- Friends don’t let friends buy pots from crackheads. If you figure out the exact specs you can likely get it from Warwick, as Andy suggested, and you may also be able to find it at Mouser or Digikey.

I’m going to pull it apart tonight and get the part numbers off the actual component.

Can’t use it with the current jack situation, so I’ll fix both at the same time.  It’s always something…..

Silver lining is I can get a black switchcraft to match the rest of the swapped hardware.  Meh, it’s something.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

seemingly boned pots

Leave him out of this.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.