Video Games

Home Forums General Forum Video Games

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Knuckleduster
    Participant
    Registered On: December 22, 2018
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 352

We don’t have a video game thread!  I’ve got a small collection of PS3 games, though the online content for that system is fading fast.  I’m on Steam as well; both accounts are named ninjachuki after an account I made on the old JediMUD.  Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:

That’s a ’70 Dodge Charger, all Richard Petty’d out, in GRID 2.  It’s a pretty cool game, racing muscle cars around urban environments like LA, Miami, and Chicago (and France…and Tokyo…and NSW, Australia).

I still don’t own a bass amp, but I do have the USB cable to plug into Rocksmith.

Hay, Kid, get out of there!

Knuckleduster 2.0

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant

When I was in 11th grade, my buddies and I would sit around after physics class and discuss cars – to put this into perspective, this was right around the time the Fast And Furious movies were in full swing, Pimp My Ride and Overhaulin’ were on TV, and Ford, Chevy, and Dodge were redesigning their Mustang, Camaro, and Charger/Challenger…pretty exciting time to be 16 and 17 years old.  Enter our buddy Chris.  Chris was straight outta the mean streets of Seoul, South Korea…we’d call him KFC (Korean Friend Chris) or The Seoul Jamma.  He was a really cool guy who loved cars as much as we did.  But, he was convinced that the Nissan Skyline was the best car for any given situation, and could handedly beat any American car ever…straight line drags, time attacks, drifting, rallying, even the local circle tracks.  We’d be talking about how the new Corvette set a record around Laguna Seca, or how the Mustang GT was designed in such a way that was easily tunable, and Chris would interrupt with something about the Nissan.  Every once in a while, he’d get so flustered and frustrated that he’d just shout (in his awkward accented English) “NISSAN SKYLINE, MOTHERFUCKER!” except for he had a rather stereotypical Asian accent and had a rough time with his L and R sounds, so it always came out “NISSAN SKYRINE, MOFFACKA!”  To this day, whenever I see a Nissan Skyline, I shout (silently, to myself) “Nissan Skyrine, Moffacka,” in honor of Korean Friend Chris.

Knuckleduster 2.0

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant

Did I mention that I enjoy nerdy games like American Truck Simulator?

Knuckleduster 2.0

2 users thanked author for this post.
    metron
    Registered On: November 14, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 945

I used to spend a lot of time playing video games. Wish I had more time to spare on it. My family got an Atari 2600 back in the early 80s when I was like 3. I still have my Sega Master System and all the games like Altered Beast, Afterburner, Zillion, Space Harrier. Those were fun at the time. I spent way too many hours on the first Phantasy Star RPG (with memory for saves!) Eventually I got to the end.

I’m still a big fan of RPGs like Elder Scrolls and first person shooters like the Halos. These days I have an Xbox 1 with Fallout 4. I want to spend a little more time on that game before I buy Red Dead Redemption. That one looks pretty killer.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112
    Registered On: November 14, 2018
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1578

I used to play PS2 all the time… still have two consoles, with a few favorites… SOCOM, Splinter Cell, Tiger Wood’s Golf, several racing Sims…

… Area 51 was one I started, but never finished…

… maybe, when the boys get a little bit older… with time restrictions, of course.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

I used to play PS2 all the time… still have two consoles, with a few favorites… SOCOM, Splinter Cell, Tiger Wood’s Golf, several racing Sims…

… Area 51 was one I started, but never finished…

… maybe, when the boys get a little bit older… with time restrictions, of course.

Which racing sims?  I used to get down with all sorts of different racing games on the PS2.  Some of my favorites were the Fast And Furious game (loosely based on the Tokyo Drift movie), NASCAR Dirt To Daytona, the Gran Turismo series, and even some really odd racers like Monster Jam and MX Vs. ATV.

Knuckleduster 2.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.