Menu Close

Used G&Ls Found Online

Home Forums G&L Guitar Club Used G&Ls Found Online

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 747 total)
  • Author
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

I’m getting a little hot under the collar for that SB-1.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m getting a little hot under the collar for that SB-1.

Fortunately, it’s probably already in route to robs house

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

metron
    Participant

Little pricey but since Chleff already bought it no one needs to worry about it anymore.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Little pricey but since Chleff already bought it no one needs to worry about it anymore.

Not it!

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

fcleff69

I’m really focused on unloading gear. I went overboard during the summer peak pandemic. And I need to do better by my son and his college pursuits rather than buying more gear than I can actually play. Also, my recording thing hasn’t panned out as well as I wanted it to so I just don’t need all these speaker cabs and stuff. I’ll keep a little just so I can record basic stuff but a lot really needs to go.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

So Boney, load up that SB-1. It’s a beauty.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Jim C
    Participant

I’m really focused on unloading gear. I went overboard during the summer peak pandemic. And I need to do better by my son and his college pursuits rather than buying more gear than I can actually play. Also, my recording thing hasn’t panned out as well as I wanted it to so I just don’t need all these speaker cabs and stuff. I’ll keep a little just so I can record basic stuff but a lot really needs to go.

Between the high cost of shipping, Covid affecting CL and my local big used instrument store, and freaking Lakland and their monthly “seconds” which look nicer than a lot of basses we bought new, I’m having a much harder time selling gear than ever before. And this is stuff that I really won’t use and have no emotional attachment to. Anybody need a Fender 800 Pro, Berg HT322, Lakland 4401 or 4402? I hate the thought of selling this stuff cheap but an SB1 or maybe a Mesa amp or cabinet is calling my name.

Wonder what an SVT on a feather weight 2×15 Mesa sounds like? I think we have to earn the right to play gigs again and my penance for 2021 is to use amps that are heavier than the cabinet…

It is a sad day indeed.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Between the high cost of shipping, Covid affecting CL and my local big used instrument store, and freaking Lakland and their monthly “seconds” which look nicer than a lot of basses we bought new, I’m having a much harder time selling gear than ever before. And this is stuff that I really won’t use and have no emotional attachment to. Anybody need a Fender 800 Pro, Berg HT322, Lakland 4401 or 4402? I hate the thought of selling this stuff cheap but an SB1 or maybe a Mesa amp or cabinet is calling my name.

Wonder what an SVT on a feather weight 2×15 Mesa sounds like? I think we have to earn the right to play gigs again and my penance for 2021 is to use amps that are heavier than the cabinet…

It is a sad day indeed.

So…..  how does one ship a 95lb cab across the country without it costing more than the cab itself?

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Jim C
    Participant

The cab and Fender amp would be CL or my local used guy who are hurting from Covid.

Shipping a GK 1001RB was $65 to the mid west which was a surprise. I’m going to start removing necks to ship basses.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    metron
    Participant

Thank goodness my fixation on used G&Ls appears to have finally broken. Could be the subpar stock out there lately, could be the absurd and sometimes just-shy-of-new prices some charge for their used G&Ls. I no longer search for them. Let’s hope it sticks this time.

TWSS!

8 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

It is a sad day indeed

Oh, man. The Berg HT322 is an amazing piece. Not remotely useful for anything I’m ever likely to do at this point though. I need to sort out a guitar amp soon…yeesh.

Jim C
    Participant

It is a sad day indeed

Oh, man. The Berg HT322 is an amazing piece. Not remotely useful for anything I’m ever likely to do at this point though. I need to sort out a guitar amp soon…yeesh.

Back when there was music… I keep hearing these older Peavey Classic 30’s and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe’s and think they sound awesome.  Come to think of it, the only other combo amps I really like are black face Deluxe Reverbs and Marshall JCM 800’s which seem to be over $1K for a used amp.

What’s on your list?

NSYMCE
    Participant

It is a sad day indeed

Back when there was music… I keep hearing these older Peavey Classic 30’s and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe’s and think they sound awesome. Come to think of it, the only other combo amps I really like are black face Deluxe Reverbs and Marshall JCM 800’s which seem to be over $1K for a used amp.

What’s on your list?

I’m gonna build one, of course. I have a bunch of parts for a 30/15/7 watt 4 x EL84 build, probably closer to a Vox AC30 than the Classic 30, which is probably Peavey’s best guitar amp ever really.

I worked at Fender when the Blues Deluxe was just coming out, I have some mods for those or the later Hot Rods that I think would make them a lot nicer. The local amp repair guy here swapped a Hot Rod to turret boards and upgraded transformers, that’s a pretty big project.

Jim C
    Participant

It is a sad day indeed

Back when there was music… I keep hearing these older Peavey Classic 30’s and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe’s and think they sound awesome. Come to think of it, the only other combo amps I really like are black face Deluxe Reverbs and Marshall JCM 800’s which seem to be over $1K for a used amp.

What’s on your list?

I’m gonna build one, of course. I have a bunch of parts for a 30/15/7 watt 4 x EL84 build, probably closer to a Vox AC30 than the Classic 30, which is probably Peavey’s best guitar amp ever really.

I worked at Fender when the Blues Deluxe was just coming out, I have some mods for those or the later Hot Rods that I think would make them a lot nicer. The local amp repair guy here swapped a Hot Rod to turret boards and upgraded transformers, that’s a pretty big project.

And I still can’t remember your avatar on this board and I do remember you are in tube amp build mode! Never knew you worked at Fender. Great experience or best less unsaid?

NSYMCE
    Participant

And I still can’t remember your avatar on this board and I do remember you are in tube amp build mode! Never knew you worked at Fender. Great experience or best less unsaid?

I’ve been changing the avatar up, maybe I’ll settle on one sooner than later.

My time in the Fender factory was brief, but the senior people there treated me very well and I enjoyed the experience a great deal. I was commuting a pretty long way and  working second shift though, and it just wasn’t in the cards for me to move to the Portland area at that time.

My last guitar amp was an extensively modded Fender 30. It was very close to being a blackface Vibrolux Reverb clone (2 x 10, 2 x 6L6, 35-ish watts), and I reckon I could still get it back if I wanted to badly enough. But I tend to prefer 112s and I’d just as soon have a separate head, and I definitely want a high gain channel this time around. I’ve done plenty of high gain guitar amps, just not many lower wattage ones. Should be fun, the parts I have are very high quality.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    gbrooding
    Participant
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/GL/USA-SB2-Electric-Bass-Guitar-116435844.gc?rNtt=g&l%20bass&index=17

Man, that neck has seen better days!

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, EBS Fuzzmo, Mod Tone Deep Dive Octave Plus.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

AWESOME!!!! It’s what I use (and have been for two years).

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’ve been changing the avatar up, maybe I’ll settle on one sooner than later.

My time in the Fender factory was brief, but the senior people there treated me very well and I enjoyed the experience a great deal. I was commuting a pretty long way and working second shift though, and it just wasn’t in the cards for me to move to the Portland area at that time.

My last guitar amp was an extensively modded Fender 30. It was very close to being a blackface Vibrolux Reverb clone (2 x 10, 2 x 6L6, 35-ish watts), and I reckon I could still get it back if I wanted to badly enough. But I tend to prefer 112s and I’d just as soon have a separate head, and I definitely want a high gain channel this time around. I’ve done plenty of high gain guitar amps, just not many lower wattage ones. Should be fun, the parts I have are very high quality.

Well, I’m a massive HH fan, so I always loved the TB one.

... Al Capone

Jim C
    Participant

AWESOME!!!! It’s what I use (and have been for two years).

Aren’t you using the old PH series or did you go to the Subway series?

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 747 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.