Menu Close

Tribute Fallout Short Scale

Home Forums G&L Musical Instrument Club Tribute Fallout Short Scale

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

The only reason I would even consider one is because of the light weight. The 10lb EBMM SR5 I sold to buy the JB was killing my neck and shoulder even during short sets.

Empress is looking good for my next one.

It’s very easy for those of us without weight or size restrictions to scoff at it, but I’m sure the threat is real for those who have issues. I’m 51 and I still lug around 100lb loads of building materials all day, so a 20 lb bass is a dream to me. It wont always be this way.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

The only reason I would even consider one is because of the light weight. The 10lb EBMM SR5 I sold to buy the JB was killing my neck and shoulder even during short sets.

Have you checked out the new SR specials?

I know they’re pricey, but the weights are quite reasonable.

I believe I saw some SRS5’ers on Sweetwater around the 8.5/9lb range.

I’m planning to stick with 4-strings for the time being. My hands haven’t been the same since having carpal tunnel surgery last year.
    Really hoping this G&L thing works out for me.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

Jeff Preston
    Participant

It’s very easy for those of us without weight or size restrictions to scoff at it, but I’m sure the threat is real for those who have issues. I’m 51 and I still lug around 100lb loads of building materials all day, so a 20 lb bass is a dream to me. It wont always be this way.

I used to be strong like Ox, but at 54, I can sleep the wrong way and not be able to walk in the morning… Not sure what happened in just a few short years.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Don’t look now, but that rolling up the pants cuff thing has made a comeback.

Jim C
    Participant

It happened fast to me. Late 50’s all was awesome and then started to loose speed and strength a little bit. Never hurt my back and can still lift but 3 hours with 10 lbs. on my neck makes me whine like a little girl.    Empress is the cure!

So let’s get this party started. I had a Mustang back when they were new. Liked the idea of the size when I was 16 but went back to my P because of the tone. Did anyone figure out how to get real bass tone from less than a 34″ scale length?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    dedpool1052

Did anyone figure out how to get real bass tone from less than a 34″ scale length?

Could just be the electronics, but this sounds pretty legit to me

Sitting here like uninvited company.
    Some posts may be unofficially sponsored by Wild Turkey 101.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

Did anyone figure out how to get real bass tone from less than a 34″ scale length?

Could just be the electronics, but this sounds pretty legit to me

It does sound pretty good!

JP

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.

Skip to toolbar