Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 56,061 through 56,080 (of 61,172 total)
  • Author
    dedpool1052

Enjoying this more than I thought I would.

That’s what I like to hear! Hope you’re well, DP!

👍

Doing great!

Hope you’re well, as well, Señor Spidey!

Sitting here like uninvited company.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    dedpool1052

Funny that the kid at work who recommended this, didn’t know it’s namesake.IMG_20201201_193805105

Sitting here like uninvited company.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Hef, be safe in your endeavor and of course, enjoy yourself.  Be judicious in the shot(s) you take.  When they’re right, the reward will outweigh the effort it took to reach the moment.

Waste nothing.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

I actually really like this song from that record. The title track is killer, too.

I enjoy that whole album.

I had so much pain around this whole situation that I couldn’t even bear to listen to this music for 20 years.  Everyone in that band hated everyone else by the time it was over.  But time has its way, and we eventually all managed to reconnect and become friends again.

There are things we could have done better, but I’m glad for the opportunity to play with those guys.  It was off the freaking charts in terms of coolness and I’m really proud I was a part of it.

"I started in 1967 on a short scale Japanese Tesco bass. It cost me $5 and tab of acid."
    (Overheard on the interwebz)

LBS-bass
    Participant

So, the parrot and I are having great fun yelling “WHAT!?!” at each other.  I will see if I can get a video of this tomorrow. She’s cracking me up.

"I started in 1967 on a short scale Japanese Tesco bass. It cost me $5 and tab of acid."

6 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

Man.  I was just reminded of a guy I knew back in the music store days.  Philadelphia, major label, dude was in a band that had a couple of huge hits and wrote a BIG hit song for another artist that was covered by all sorts of people, including Prince.  He used to come into our store and buy stuff on the regular, along with another guy who was in the same band.  I won’t say his name here because search engines but you all can ask privately if you’re curious.

Where the heck did those guys go?  They had their day in the sun, but no one would know who they are now.  This guy hasn’t done anything notable in decades.

It’s all so fleeting.  Whatever you have that you love, enjoy it.  It won’t last forever.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Mornin y’all. Coffee’s on. Shift duties will be distributed later today.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Bonin’s house:

700DF066-C26D-4532-A253-2E97EF4C76C4

Accurate!

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Dooms house

Just for Fun: Houses Covered in Snow | RISMedia's Housecall

This actually IS ProgD’s house:

This is my house, when I’m really drunk. Hiding this link again in 3…2…1 so hurry, kids.

https://youtu.be/xboVmtNDPrc

Yeah, it’s really bad. But I know theory, so it’s ok.

You have more passion for music than nearly any other musician that I ever met. Music is everything to me, but all I want to do is perform. I rarely have the desire to learn or practice.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’ll be out of town Thursday-Sunday or Monday. I will, therefore need to delegate morning greetings to various members. If you have a specific schedule request please let me know. Otherwise, a day, or days, will be assigned to you. Call outs are not acceptable. You will be required to pull your weight.

I predict Thunderdome, and the closing shot will be you walking out of a kitchen, with an odd silhouette on the seat of your trousers, which bears an uncanny resemblance to an unshucked corn

Carnac the Magnificent with Predictions about Snoopy and Taxi Driver on Johnny  Carson's Tonight Show - YouTube

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m going hunting in the sticks of west Texas where there is little to no cell or internet service.

Where the men are men and the sheep are afraid?

... Al Capone

fcleff69

Morning greeting duties are assigned as follows:

Timmy5: Thursday

Spidey: Friday

Ded: Saturday

Jeff: Sunday

Jack Mackerel: Monday

It goes like this, “Mornin y’all. Coffee’s on.”

You can add a short anecdote after the phrase but it is not necessary.  More important is to remember that brevity is the soul of wit.
    Y’all have one job. Try to not fuck this up. I don’t want to have to issue any demerits when I get back.
    Now, I’ve got a long day ahead so that I can wrap up work and be ready to hit the road early tomorrow. Don’t bitch about any added responsibility. Type four fucking words and move on. It’s not difficult. But, if I’ve learned anything working in my industry, it’s that people are incredibly talented at fucking up the most menial of tasks. Be better.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

You can add a short anecdote after the phrase but it is not necessary. More important is to remember that brevity is the soul of wit.

Y’all have one job. Try to not fuck this up. I don’t want to have to issue any demerits when I get back.

Now, I’ve got a long day ahead so that I can wrap up work and be ready to hit the road early tomorrow. Don’t bitch about any added responsibility. Type four fucking words and move on. It’s not difficult. But, if I’ve learned anything working in my industry, it’s that people are incredibly talented at fucking up the most menial of tasks. Be better.

We got this! Let’s go, team.

I think a daily morning Hef tribute after the opening greeting would be delightful. We’re sooooo gonna fuck this up.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Where the heck did those guys go? They had their day in the sun, but no one would know who they are now. This guy hasn’t done anything notable in decades.

IIRC, the drummer in Slipstream had told us in the past year or so, he had to have a tree cut down and removed, and who showed up, but Lee Rausch.

Screenshot_20201202-075152

I guess it’s possible his true love was landscaping.  What matters is he’s still kicking.

Spidey2112

I’ll be out of town Thursday-Sunday or Monday. I will, therefore need to delegate morning greetings to various members. If you have a specific schedule request please let me know. Otherwise, a day, or days, will be assigned to you. Call outs are not acceptable. You will be required to pull your weight.

I predict Thunderdome, and the closing shot will be you walking out of a kitchen, with an odd silhouette on the seat of your trousers, which bears an uncanny resemblance to an unshucked corn

Carnac the Magnificent with Predictions about Snoopy and Taxi Driver on Johnny  Carson's Tonight Show - YouTube

I’m thinking a cob raised to the temple would be way better than an envelope.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Andyman001
    Participant

confused

But I know theory, so it’s ok.

So what’s the secondary dominant of the submediant in the key of B flat minor?

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

NAM
    Participant

Good Morning wood you Sexy Bastids

Coffee is going in the office with chocolate peppermint creamer…  AND its not hand squozed

I have come to kick ass

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Andyman001
    Participant

But you can squoz me anytime, NAM

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

You can add a short anecdote after the phrase but it is not necessary. More important is to remember that brevity is the soul of wit.

We got this! Let’s go, team.

I think a daily morning Hef tribute after the opening greeting would be delightful. We’re sooooo gonna fuck this up.

Gooooooooooooooooooo! Sports!

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Good Morning wood you Sexy Bastids

Coffee is going in the office with chocolate peppermint creamer… AND its not hand squozed

Good Morning to you, Vagina Beaver Pants!

... Al Capone

Viewing 20 posts - 56,061 through 56,080 (of 61,172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.