Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 54,681 through 54,700 (of 61,168 total)
  • Author
    Spidey2112

POW!

A1FAF045-E655-455B-95CF-EED02AACA88A

PT Mini is complete! For now.

You top loading, SOB!  Looks great!

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

I’m liking all that, LBS.

Thanks.  For someone who knows shit about music, I somehow manage to write some songs.

He sent a rhythm track and a third track with some stuff to go under the choruses which I’m almost done editing.  A couple of the notes need to be edited out because they’re kind of klunky with the piano, but other than that I think it’s all really nice and it adds a lot to the song.

"I started in 1967 on a short scale Japanese Tesco bass. It cost me $5 and tab of acid."
    (Overheard on the interwebz)

6 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

BTW, this cost me about $150 all told.  I paid the piano player $100 and the guitar player wanted $35, both of them also got nice tips from me.  As hobbies go, you can do worse than this one, financially speaking.

"I started in 1967 on a short scale Japanese Tesco bass. It cost me $5 and tab of acid."

6 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

POW!

Man, if it’s not on a pull down menu in logic, I haven’t got a clue what to do with that.  Looks impressive, though!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Mornin y’all. Coffee’s on.

Double French roast in the french press.

Same here. How do you like it?

Love it!!!

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Still4strings
    Participant

IMG_20201107_140907000

IMG_20201107_140924515

Dry run… top two came off pretty easy. The bottom needed a little extra oomph. See what Rock Auto’s total is, and compare to Advance Auto’s, here in town. 25% off when you order online, so it may be close to RA’s after shipping.

$340 my ass.

GO SPIDEY! I strongly prefer to do my own automotive work. I’ll bring it to a mechanic if the situation is dire, but otherwise, fuck that noise.

Still4strings
    Participant

Maaaan, it’s been a long ass day! But a good one. I’m sitting in my driveway drinking an 18 watt beer. It’s November in New England and I’m wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The sky is gorgeous.

20201107_165211

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Sky

20201107_165055
    20201107_165004
    20201107_164232

5 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

IMG_20201107_140907000

IMG_20201107_140924515

Dry run… top two came off pretty easy. The bottom needed a little extra oomph. See what Rock Auto’s total is, and compare to Advance Auto’s, here in town. 25% off when you order online, so it may be close to RA’s after shipping.

$340 my ass.

Yeah, that does not look like it would hard to get to.  Weird how they charge so much for everything these days.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

We went for a long hike into the woods today. I wish I had stepped back further to get this picture, but the thing on the right that looks like a wall is the bottom of an utterly enormous root ball attached to a tree that had fallen. The tree was a pine that had to be over 100 feet tall. The part of the shallow root system on the right side of the pic is about 10 feet tall. The tree looked like it had been down for years, and there were several oaks and pines right next to it that had also fallen. I wonder what happened? Also, the way the trees fell and leaned on one another created this amazing dome about 20 feet across and 10 feet high. It felt like a house in the middle of the woods, and I was too awestruck to take pics, dang it.

20201107_122644

Still4strings
    Participant

I got the guitar tracks this morning.  They are not stellar, but they are not bad.  I’m pretty picky.  There are a couple of minor edits I need to do but for the most part, I can use everything he sent.  The solo sounds nice since I put my own effects on it.   Let’s see if I can just attach a file here to play the solo.  I’ve done some additional mixing since I bounced this clip, but you get the idea.

Sounds really good, Laura!

fcleff69

Major studio cleaning today. It was also time to put away some of the babies who don’t see a lot of play time anymore (Ruby is on the wall behind me). I’m hoping some blues jams open up again and I can get a decent rep as a player. Then I can show up with a different bass each week 😎

4A493CF2-C6F3-4165-8951-F9A99743304A

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Sitting in line for my pre-surgery COVID test. They said it’s about a two hour wait…

Hope everything goes smoothly and you get all this over with so you can start feeling better ASAP!

Thanks! Same here.

JP

"Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life. It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say “Hi” to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting." -Keanu Reeves

Jeff Preston
    Participant

I got the guitar tracks this morning. They are not stellar, but they are not bad. I’m pretty picky. There are a couple of minor edits I need to do but for the most part, I can use everything he sent. The solo sounds nice since I put my own effects on it. Let’s see if I can just attach a file here to play the solo. I’ve done some additional mixing since I bounced this clip, but you get the idea.

Sounds great!

JP

"Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life. It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say “Hi” to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting." -Keanu Reeves

Jeff Preston
    Participant

POW!

You top loading, SOB! Looks great!

Seems like the way to go if you want a compact rig. Very nice!

JP

fcleff69

Let’s see if I can just attach a file here to play the solo.

Good work all around. That will sound great when it’s done.

fcleff69

Love it!!!

What’d I tell you?

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Sky

20201107_165055

20201107_165004

20201107_164232

Maaaaan! Those colors are bangin’!

JP

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Major studio cleaning today. It was also time to put away some of the babies who don’t see a lot of play time anymore (Ruby is on the wall behind me). I’m hoping some blues jams open up again and I can get a decent rep as a player. Then I can show up with a different bass each week 😎

4A493CF2-C6F3-4165-8951-F9A99743304A

So, what’s the story on the Meatstroke? Looks like it somehow survived a stage fire. Did you use to play for Great White?

JP

Still4strings
    Participant

Love it!!!

What’d I tell you?

You called it! It has some nice rich chocolatey overtones.

Viewing 20 posts - 54,681 through 54,700 (of 61,168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.