Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 54,181 through 54,200 (of 64,443 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

For a moment there I thought I stumbled into the Balsamico thread.

It’s all just one big ol’ thread maaan.

So I’ve heard. 🤪

JP

A morning poem:
    Coffee, coffee, coffee. Everyone shut up. Coffee.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Just took a drive out to Sisterdale, TX and bought a case of assorted wines from Sister Creek Vineyards. The Chardonnay was the surprise win of the tasting. It was tres française in style; dry, flinty, with sharp fruit. Not at all a butteroakvanilla bomb.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    RattFink
    Participant

Sorry to be so quiet lately. I’m in a place where I write things and then delete them because I think, “no one cares about that shit anymore.” Couple of other things:

• spending large portions of my day in the studio writing crappy songs
    • cutting out all wine and staying pretty sober, so less inclined to take online stupidity breaks.

Really just trying to find my happy place with the songwriting again, but it really is an immersive experience for me and it takes over everything else. Who knows, maybe I’ll eventually write something decent?

Your right, if you don’t tell people about stuff it’s hard for them to care.  Sometimes it’s just hard to put into words.  When I was in collage I took a creative writing class.  One thing I found useful is if I’m going to sit down and write it helps to start with 15-20min of free writing.  Write what ever comes into your mind.  If nothing comes to mind, write it “nothing is coming to mind, I can’t think of anything.  My mind is vacant and unencumbered with todays events,,,,”.  It always seem to help get me going

RattFink, RattFank, RattFunk, Rattbones

NSYMCE
    Participant

Just took a drive out to Sisterdale, TX and bought a case of assorted wines from Sister Creek Vineyards. The Chardonnay was the surprise win of the tasting. It was tres française in style; dry, flinty, with sharp fruit. Not at all a butteroakvanilla bomb.

A friend of mine was living in the TX hill country for the last few years and he had lots of good things to say about the wine. Whites are rarely my favorites, especially the ones made around this part of WA, but it’s always nice to find one that isn’t nothing but cask.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

I was driving like an idiot today and clipped a curb. 2 flat tires. My other two tires were down to the wear bar, so this forced my hand in buying new tires. I got a decent deal on some actual SUV tires that were the same rim size as my car, so I ended up with some Cooper Discoverers. While the car was up, they noticed that my coil springs had worn completely through and had broken. It’s still driveable (and not necessarily unsafe), so I’ll be looking into strut replacements here after my next paycheck.

But you had fun, right? Aside from your first paycheck being suspiciously short the identical amount of twin McPhearson struts, how’s the new job?

The new job is pretty good – I’m allowed a lot of leeway and freedom to get the job done.  It’s nice having an employer trust you to do the right thing.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

Sorry to be so quiet lately. I’m in a place where I write things and then delete them because I think, “no one cares about that shit anymore.” Couple of other things:

• spending large portions of my day in the studio writing crappy songs
    • cutting out all wine and staying pretty sober, so less inclined to take online stupidity breaks.

Really just trying to find my happy place with the songwriting again, but it really is an immersive experience for me and it takes over everything else. Who knows, maybe I’ll eventually write something decent?

Your right, if you don’t tell people about stuff it’s hard for them to care. Sometimes it’s just hard to put into words. When I was in collage I took a creative writing class. One thing I found useful is if I’m going to sit down and write it helps to start with 15-20min of free writing. Write what ever comes into your mind. If nothing comes to mind, write it “nothing is coming to mind, I can’t think of anything. My mind is vacant and unencumbered with todays events,,,,”. It always seem to help get me going

This song I’m working right now on has the working title of The Autobiographical Song because it’s just a romp through different phases of my life and how it all went to shit but somehow turned out ok in the end.  At least so far; the end is a ways off, I hope.  I’ve been in a reflective mood lately but also pretty happy, which is a weird juxtaposition.  Usually I’m moved to write by angst, not contentment.  But I’ll take whatever I can get at this point.

Signature change for the win!

Knuckleduster
    Participant

You should never need “one or two” tires. You should need all four at the same time. This means that you’re not rotating them properly. You should be rotating tires with every oil change, every other, at the minimum! No car in history is worse for alignment woes, than the old vettes. I did just convert to adjustable arms as well, and it was a god send for me, I couldnt be happier. That being said, in the non adjustable case, the arms are usually “bent” to give the proper number. Especially if adding new struts would correct it, since shortening the arm with a bend would do the same as lifting the car. I’ve been a drag racing, backyard, hillbilly mechanic, for three decades, and even with my ultra poor driving habits, I’ve never needed tires! Proper maint is the key!

Well, all 4 were worn down…what I meant was that “They were all worn to fuck anyway and I was just hemming and hawing and trying to avoid actually buying tires, until I got a sudden bout of inspiration in the form of a golf-ball sized hole in two of ’em”

They wore prematurely because the front end was all fucked up over the years, with a few joints and bushings worn completely out, so the camber was all confuckulated.  I legitimately thought nothing of it because ever since I bought the car in 2015, it’s creaked while turning.  Turns out, that’s not supposed to happen, so I drove it for 5 years thinking it was normal, and that tire wear like I was getting (necessitating a full rotation every 6 months b/c of uneven wear on the inside of every damn tire).  So, I got less than 4 years out of the old set of tires.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Shawn73
    Participant

Anyone else grab an SV-Pre?

✨⚡️💥

Spidey2112

The new job is pretty good – I’m allowed a lot of leeway and freedom to get the job done. It’s nice having an employer trust you to do the right thing.

Awesome.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

… all went to shit but somehow turned out ok in the end.

c05xLkz

Spidey2112

the end is a ways off, I hope.

c05xLkz-1

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

But I’ll take whatever I can get at this point.

c05xLkz-2

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

I think I need a cold shower.

You actually hit the Tropic Thunder Trifecta.  Good job!

Shawn73
    Participant

So what’s everyone drinking tonight?!

✨⚡️💥

fcleff69

526C0C78-7EA0-42F5-8778-60D679D66785

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Spidey2112

Ink jet printer had been down at work, for well over a week.  We easily have +50 technicians across three tours, and no one knows anything.

Drained it and ran cleaner through it the first day.  Primed with ink and calibrated the second.  Two days later, it’s still up.  As long as the brainiacs stay away from it, it’ll probably be fault free for a long time.

Why is this difficult?  Instead of a little OJT (I’ve offered… they wouldn’t pay the extra $.50/hour to spread the love), the powers that be have in mind to just purchase more maintenance free printers… ignorant of the fact their workforce is still not a good return on their… ‘investment’… in them.

Sad.

Spidey2112

IMG_20201030_201927085

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant

Homebrewed Double Two Hearted

Can’t decide on a name for this brew…

LBS-bass
    Participant

Ink jet printer had been down at work, for well over a week. We easily have +50 technicians across three tours, and no one knows anything.

Drained it and ran cleaner through it the first day. Primed with ink and calibrated the second. Two days later, it’s still up. As long as the brainiacs stay away from it, it’ll probably be fault free for a long time.

Why is this difficult? Instead of a little OJT (I’ve offered… they wouldn’t pay the extra $.50/hour to spread the love), the powers that be have in mind to just purchase more maintenance free printers… ignorant of the fact their workforce is still not a good return on their… ‘investment’… in them.

Sad.

Because having training doesn’t make you a smart person.  I have learned this from doctors who never think past what they’ve learned when faced with a difficult case.  They just punt what they don’t understand to some other specialty.

Signature change for the win!

Andyman001
    Participant

Evolution series Hazy IPA by Boise Brewing, and a small dram of WT Rare Breed Bourbon.

DSC03278

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

Viewing 20 posts - 54,181 through 54,200 (of 64,443 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.