Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 53,941 through 53,960 (of 64,443 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I actually thought that it was bleach… but I havent seen that album cover in 20 years

Not counting the 10 or 12 times it has been posted around here.

My copy of Bleach was a pirate cassette, four months before the album came out, so unlike you Nirvana Band Wagon’ers, I had no idea what the cover looked like.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Just wait ’til you start noticing the ellipses…

I didn’t want to bring up Spidey just yet.

“Feel the %©£¢¥π love.”

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

I’m considering getting a riding mower, everybody has one here. I’m the only push mower guy on the block!

Any recs? I’d like to get one that’s more like a Segway than a tractor.

Nevermind! Crazy freaking prices.

Ill just be old school and push my mower.

Yeah, they’re not cheap. I’m shopping for one now. A push mower would be a 4 hour job here.

I already told you, you’re going to want a tractor there! Buy one dammit! Buy one, dammit!

Trying to find one that’s (a) reliable and (b) affordable, and those two cancel each other out too often. I looked at Husqvarnas and see a lot of negative reviews about reliability. Ditto for John Deere until you get to the expensive models. Yada yada Ariens yada Cub Cadet blah blah Toro and all the other brands yada yada. I was trying to keep it to less than the cost of a G&L custom shop (plus maybe a Tribute on the side) but it ain’t easy.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

fcleff69

“Feel the %©£¢¥π love…”

FTFY

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

Back in the 70’s I got to see a prog band called Gentle Giant in a smallish club in Baltimore; I did have front row seats for that but I think it was festival seating and we just got there ridiculously early.  That was another amazing show, if you’re into that kinda stuff at all.  That band broke up not long afterwards and so I never would have had another chance to see them.

I’m very familiar with Gentle Giant but never managed to see them play live. My Bro and I had FRC for King Crimson on the Discipline tour, at Toad’s Place bar in New Haven no less. But it all kind of pales after seeing the Allman Bros. from on stage at the monitor board a few times, including one show where Jack Bruce and Billy Cobham’s band was the opener. That was seriously way too loud though…seriously!

Shawn73
    Participant

Mark Arm? From Mudhoney? Cool! I’ll bring my copy of Super fuzz/Big Muff to have him sign it

Yup that’s the guy.  Wish I still had my Superfuzz Big Muff T-shirt. Still got the cassette tho!!

✨⚡️💥

Shawn73
    Participant

I’m considering getting a riding mower, everybody has one here. I’m the only push mower guy on the block!

Yes… Walk behinds and zero turns are much more costly than lawn tractors.

Yeah I’d rather have a truck.

So push mower it is. Could use a gas powered leaf blower tho 🤔

✨⚡️💥

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

e tour, at Toad’s Place bar in New Haven

I’ve been there!  I used to live an hour up the road.  I saw the Butthole Surfers there.  I saw them again a few days later in Orlando FL when I moved down for school.

What I remember about Toads Place was the fenced off bar area.  All the weirdos were in the general admission area, and the folks in the bar area seemed pretty straight by comparison.  LOT of weirdos at that show–I felt right at home.  Strobe lights and fire!

NSYMCE
    Participant

e tour, at Toad’s Place bar in New Haven

I’ve been there! I used to live an hour up the road. I saw the Butthole Surfers there. I saw them again a few days later in Orlando FL when I moved down for school.

What I remember about Toads Place was the fenced off bar area. All the weirdos were in the general admission area, and the folks in the bar area seemed pretty straight by comparison. LOT of weirdos at that show–I felt right at home. Strobe lights and fire!

I’ve been to quite a few shows there, it was an easy drive from any of the places I lived in CT. Crimson twice, Litte Feat, Pat Metheny, Black Uhuru, Steve Hackett, yada yada. IIRC the Stones used to open tours there, among many other BFD acts. And yeah, no shortage of weirdos at that joint.

Still4strings
    Participant

20201026_142039

Shawn73
    Participant

Cool mashup.

Nili !!

✨⚡️💥

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Yeah, they’re not cheap. I’m shopping for one now. A push mower would be a 4 hour job here.

I already told you, you’re going to want a tractor there! Buy one dammit! Buy one, dammit!

Trying to find one that’s (a) reliable and (b) affordable, and those two cancel each other out too often. I looked at Husqvarnas and see a lot of negative reviews about reliability. Ditto for John Deere until you get to the expensive models. Yada yada Ariens yada Cub Cadet blah blah Toro and all the other brands yada yada. I was trying to keep it to less than the cost of a G&L custom shop (plus maybe a Tribute on the side) but it ain’t easy.

Well, I have extensive first hand experience with (my cock) Husqvarna, and mine is ten years old, and hasn’t required any service at all. What is your price range?

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Digging these!

2020 Lifted RAM 2500 11598 for sale at Net Direct Auto Sales

2021 RAM 2500 Power Wagon 4x4 Crew Cab 6.3 ft. box 149 in. WB Pictures

2019 Ram 1500: Uconnect - YouTube

... Al Capone

LBS-bass
    Participant

Back in the 70’s I got to see a prog band called Gentle Giant in a smallish club in Baltimore; I did have front row seats for that but I think it was festival seating and we just got there ridiculously early. That was another amazing show, if you’re into that kinda stuff at all. That band broke up not long afterwards and so I never would have had another chance to see them.

I’m very familiar with Gentle Giant but never managed to see them play live. My Bro and I had FRC for King Crimson on the Discipline tour, at Toad’s Place bar in New Haven no less. But it all kind of pales after seeing the Allman Bros. from on stage at the monitor board a few times, including one show where Jack Bruce and Billy Cobham’s band was the opener. That was seriously way too loud though…seriously!

I saw the Discipline tour at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD. It’s an outdoor amphitheater, so festival seating.  We were able to get pretty close to see the band.  Our blankets were spread on the back lawn, but you could easily wander up to the front and stand.  Great show; another one I’m very glad I caught.

Signature change for the win!

Shawn73
    Participant

Digging these!

2020 Lifted RAM 2500 11598 for sale at Net Direct Auto Sales

2021 RAM 2500 Power Wagon 4x4 Crew Cab 6.3 ft. box 149 in. WB Pictures

2019 Ram 1500: Uconnect - YouTube

Very nice!

But this is more my speed.
    A0811B0D-B987-45D2-8AB5-7AF06CEAB936

Seriously considering putting in an offer. Only 78,000 something miles and a 302 V8! I can handle roll up windows and self adjusting mirrors lol

✨⚡️💥

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Nili !!

Brosh!!

TDR1138
    Participant

Live Nation still has my $$ for Primus, which was simply rescheduled 12 months hence; so, June 2021. Fingers crossed!

I’ve seen Primus maybe a dozen times, even met them, but for some reason, I just thought of one time I saw them when I was in college, Brown Album tour probably.  My roommate had his shoe separated from his foot somehow, was not able to get it back. Some random person picked it up and threw it at Les, hitting him. Les stopped mid-song, held up the shoe, and proceeded with a “what kind of dickhead would throw a shoe” rant.

After the show, while waking to the car in one shoe, my roommate must have had 20 people come up to him and call him a dickhead.  Like angry and yelling at him.

Good times.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Lol, right, like he would have thrown his own shoe.

I saw Primus at the same club in Orlando that I saw the Butthole Surfers.  The club only held maybe one or two thousand people.  It might have been the Brown Album tour as well.  I’d never seen a room so packed before in my life, and the musicianship was incredible.  To this day I’ve never listened to one of their albums start to finish, but I get super excited for their shows 🙂

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

I just looked up the show.  Embassy Music Hall in Orlando.  Defunct since 1998.  Apparently I rode my bike 9 miles each way to see that show.  No wonder I went alone 😛

Still4strings
    Participant

Well, I have extensive first hand experience with (my cock) Husqvarna, and mine is ten years old, and hasn’t required any service at all. What is your price range?

Ideally, under $2500. Under duress, up tp $3k.

Viewing 20 posts - 53,941 through 53,960 (of 64,443 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.