Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 53,441 through 53,460 (of 53,966 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

It’s friggin nipply out here but we’re not ready to let go of coffee on the porch yet. 20201017_095648

I could install a vent free propane fireplace for you, out there.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

OK, If I were to create a signature SCTMMC coffee, would anyone be interested? If so, what roast level would you prefer? Seems like most of you knuckleheads like it dark.

Nope, not moi. Medium roast suitable for a decent home espresso machine. If it had undertones of asphalt and tater tots that’d be swell, I’m all about the nuance.

I like the sound of that!

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Still4strings
    Participant

Elvis says, let me in, baby. I’m freezing my blue suede shoes off.

20201018_092631

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

OK, If I were to create a signature SCTMMC coffee, would anyone be interested? If so, what roast level would you prefer? Seems like most of you knuckleheads like it dark.

Highly interested and willing to contribute money to the effort… Assuming that we could actually bag it as SCTMMC, which Market might be able to help us find. Yes I like dark, but wouldn’t mind a peppermint or hazelnut type either

Did I just get summoned?

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

IMG_20201018_094836

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Highly interested and willing to contribute money to the effort… Assuming that we could actually bag it as SCTMMC, which Market might be able to help us find. Yes I like dark, but wouldn’t mind a peppermint or hazelnut type either

So, something like a one pound, side gusseted, tin tie, poly lined bag?

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?

LBS-bass
    Participant

If we’re voting on coffee, I like mine medium, not burned or bitter but robust and flavorful.  If we end up with dark I will buy some and poison my husband with it.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

Mktrat
    Keymaster

We could get a rubber stamp made with a scroti coffee logo for cheap too.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

That’s a great idea!

Also, we could rate the darkness of the coffee on a scale of 1 to 5 gig pants 👖 👖👖

Or for Amy’s peppermint hazelnut cookies and cream latte we could rate it 👗 👗👗👗👗

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Knuckleduster
    Participant

That’s a great idea!

Also, we could rate the darkness of the coffee on a scale of 1 to 5 gig pants 👖 👖👖

Or for Amy’s peppermint hazelnut cookies and cream latte we could rate it 👗 👗👗👗👗

One point twenty-one gigapants?

fcleff69

One point twenty-one gigapants?

Imagine the ultra dark roast.
    <span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>👖👖👖👖👖👖👖👖👖👖
    </span>

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

dedpool1052

We had to cover one of those things also:

That tuning key keychain is awesome.

Sitting here like uninvited company.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

IME, when it comes to blowing leaves around tight areas, it’s been either

A) feathering the throttle of the backpack blower, to get the leaves/debris where I need.

B) sucking it up, and just hand raking it up

Or

C) combination of A/B.

Interesting.  The reason I was asking was because we had fanastic luck with a borrowed leaf vac in the spring…things moved substantially quicker, especially around tight areas, with the blower/vac than they did by hand.

dedpool1052

Interesting.  The reason I was asking was because we had fanastic luck with a borrowed leaf vac in the spring…things moved substantially quicker, especially around tight areas, with the blower/vac than they did by hand.

We don’t have a blower/vac combo at work.

If we did though, I’m sure I’d be singing a different tune.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    dedpool1052

Enjoying some fresh ground Eastern Market Blend out of the French Press.

Verdict?

I like it.

It reminds me a good bit of one of my favourites, the Gevalia House Blend.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

I was really just thinking of something we could enjoy as a group of coffee loving musicians. I’m not really setup to be able to market a product for actual sale outside of Ohio. Our cottage industry laws allow me to do it here, but if I actually wanted to market and sell outside of Ohio, I’d need a dedicated space that was approved by the FDA.

I certainly don’t have the money or time to get that together. One day maybe, but not soon.

I was thinking more like something I could do and send out to the active folks here on the forums. Just have you cover shipping or something.

I’ll get some samples to Amy as soon as possible and go from there.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

Jeff Preston
    Participant

More like this:

5A0432ED-18AB-44D9-97D0-BB5225FE7B1B

It would be approximately 12oz (roughly the yield from 16oz of green coffee after roasting). Most of the time I can get more in there, but a minimum of 12 oz.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

Knuckleduster
    Participant

I was really just thinking of something we could enjoy as a group of coffee loving musicians. I’m not really setup to be able to market a product for actual sale outside of Ohio. Our cottage industry laws allow me to do it here, but if I actually wanted to market and sell outside of Ohio, I’d need a dedicated space that was approved by the FDA. I certainly don’t have the money or time to get that together. One day maybe, but not soon. I was thinking more like something I could do and send out to the active folks here on the forums. Just have you cover shipping or something. I’ll get some samples to Amy as soon as possible and go from there.

Hmm, I knew a guy from another forum that ran a bike shop with a coffee bar in the back.  He had custom blended coffee that he’d send to us, but we physically had to call him on the phone and order it that way – that allowed him to not “actively” market and sell it, because it was passive on his part.

Shawn73
    Participant

what’s your comfort level with this stuff? Do you even want to mess with trying component level repair on your end? If it’s just the 5V regulator chip for the tube heaters I already have a few beefier ones on hand and I could probably turn it around pretty quickly for postage plus actual parts cost.

I feel Im decent with a soldering iron and I do own a desoldering pump. Since it’s not SMD I’m more confident about replacing parts.

I could use some help with diagnosing issues, but if it sounds like a chip needs to be replaced I’ll give that a go first.

Only paid 10 bucks for the dang thing so it’s not like it’s a fancy 200 pedal 😆

⚰️👻🎃

LBS-bass
    Participant

Bubble couple visit night.  Excited for some social time 🙂

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

Viewing 20 posts - 53,441 through 53,460 (of 53,966 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.