Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 53,421 through 53,440 (of 53,637 total)
  • Author
    Still4strings
    Participant

I changed the tube out and nothing’s changed. Lights up but that’s it.

Hmm. That stinks. I could have you look at other things but I think I’d have you chasing your tail because I’m not familiar with the design of that thing. Looks like an ART tube pre?

Ahh, just back-read and saw what it is. I had one of those once upon a time, but, unfortunately, never got into its guts. Hope you get it working! Maybe NSYMCE can help with it.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

3 users thanked author for this post.
    dedpool1052

Thought this was a cool vid, offering a nice perspective.

Sitting here like uninvited company.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Shawn73
    Participant

Well atleast I fixed the washing machine. 👍

⚰️👻🎃

Spidey2112

Well the VU lights up, the tube doesn’t, and I get no reading on the VU or any output.

My guess is the tube is bad but I wonder if I’d still get some reading on VU or output.

Gut shot:

BBD24C1D-E471-4AC5-B445-385230FA1614

Exact model?

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Well atleast I fixed the washing machine. 👍

Washing machine is usually harder to fix than the dryer, so good job.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Shawn73
    Participant

Exact model?

ART Tube MP Studio

⚰️👻🎃

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant

Another power equipment question:

Because of the situation of our yard (pool and patio in the backyard, tall fence all the way around, small fence halfway around), I found great success in the spring using a blower/vac to suck up leaves, grass, and miscellaneous vegetal foliage.  Because of the tight angles around all the fencing, and the fact that we don’t want to blow leaves onto the pool cover, a backpack blower is a little overkill for what we need.

So, blower/vac.  Looks like there are about 2 options locally for a gas-powered unit:  A Stihl SH86 and a Husqvarna 125BVX.  The Stihl is about $80 more than the Husqvarna, but looks like the specs are really darn similar.  Neither of ’em come with a free hat or anything, so I can’t use that as a deciding factor :(.

Can you guys offer any opinions on the matter?

dedpool1052

IME, when it comes to blowing leaves around tight areas, it’s been either

A) feathering the throttle of the backpack blower, to get the leaves/debris where I need.

B) sucking it up, and just hand raking it up

Or

C) combination of A/B.

Sitting here like uninvited company.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

Exact model?

ART Tube MP Studio

I’ve worked on a couple and probably have the schematic on my PC, I’ll check in a bit.

NSYMCE
    Participant

I changed the tube out and nothing’s changed. Lights up but that’s it.

Hmm. That stinks. I could have you look at other things but I think I’d have you chasing your tail because I’m not familiar with the design of that thing. Looks like an ART tube pre?

Ahh, just back-read and saw what it is. I had one of those once upon a time, but, unfortunately, never got into its guts. Hope you get it working! Maybe NSYMCE can help with it.

Yeah, I can almost certainly fix it here, but it has a lot of PCB mounted solid state parts and may not be the best DIY repair prospect. Couldn’t find the schematic on my ‘puter but I did download another copy already.

@Shawn73
    : what’s your comfort level with this stuff? Do you even want to mess with trying component level repair on your end? If it’s just the 5V regulator chip for the tube heaters I already have a few beefier ones on hand and I could probably turn it around pretty quickly for postage plus actual parts cost.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

We went to this giant antique co-op today and found some awesome goodies. Thing #1 – I picked up this old PO box door to replace the ugly and defunct phone plate in the kitchen wall.

You can put your weeed in there.

20201017_184250

20201017_184238

We had to cover one of those things also:

MVIMG_20201018_055110_compress75

fcleff69

Mornin y’all. Coffee’s on.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

Mornin’ Hef (and all…)!!

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Still4strings
    Participant

Mornin’ Hef! Mornin’ Mktrat! Happy Sunday everybody!

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Spidey2112

Mornin’ Hef (and all…)!!

Ditto.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Ohio State University is not allowing much of their fan base in to their opening college football game… but, they came up with the next best way to show your ‘support’ (read, $$$$) for them.

You can purchase a cardboard cutout, with your uploaded photo, which will be proudly displayed in the stands on game day.

You’ve got to be kidding me.  Who does this?  Does the cost include postage to send ‘your’ cutout to your home?  Or, do you bail it out from cardboard jail, after it got busted for open container?

This is insane.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

a great Dee Dee.

You rang?

DD4

In England they’re called Great Tits, God save the Queen.

Bro, that’s my favorite bird of all time. I have many of them. Just finished drinking coffee with them.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

NSYMCE
    Participant

Ohio State University is not allowing much of their fan base in to their opening college football game… but, they came up with the next best way to show your ‘support’ (read, $$$$) for them.

You can purchase a cardboard cutout, with your uploaded photo, which will be proudly displayed in the stands on game day.

You’ve got to be kidding me. Who does this? Does the cost include postage to send ‘your’ cutout to your home? Or, do you bail it out from cardboard jail, after it got busted for open container?

This is insane.

It’s already cliche, lots of schools are doing that. How about a faux cheering section with crack pipes?

NSYMCE
    Participant

a great Dee Dee.

You rang?

DD4

In England they’re called Great Tits, God save the Queen.

Bro, that’s my favorite bird of all time. I have many of them. Just finished drinking coffee with them.

Yeah, I remember you saying that. At my old place we had a macrame hanger just inside the front window and sometimes we’d stock up one tier with sunflower seeds and let ’em have at it for an hour or two. We have three different types here, they’re all a hoot.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

OK, If I were to create a signature SCTMMC coffee, would anyone be interested? If so, what roast level would you prefer? Seems like most of you knuckleheads like it dark.

Highly interested and willing to contribute money to the effort… Assuming that we could actually bag it as SCTMMC, which Market might be able to help us find. Yes I like dark, but wouldn’t mind a peppermint or hazelnut type either

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Viewing 20 posts - 53,421 through 53,440 (of 53,637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.