Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 52,181 through 52,200 (of 61,113 total)
  • Author
    Still4strings
    Participant

Gonna try to blaze another 100 feet of trail today. Back to chorin’.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

7 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

First Friday night jam in a while, we managed to keep it legal at 6 people total too. “Rusty” doesn’t begin to descibe it, but the social distancing thing with mostly acoustic intruments threw some new challenges at us too. Hoping the weather stays nice for another week or two so we can at least get in another one or two of these.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Morning, Hef!

Outta coffee this morning so had a couple cups of instant. It works in a pinch–I just pretend I’m camping or something.

Can’t slap a “Thanks” on instant coffee… 🤦🏻‍♂️😁

JP

"Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life. It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say “Hi” to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting." -Keanu Reeves

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

It works in a pinch

More like “it tastes like a pinch”. A pinched loaf.

The curmudgeon has arrived.

Well, I guess I might as well just keep the dictionary on the night stand.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

More like “it tastes like a pinch”. A pinched loaf.

I wouldn’t know. I don’t eat that other stuff.

It’s not like it was on purpose.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

Morning Ituobrey and everyone else!

I managed to make it all week without drinking on a school night before enjoying that hella-tasty dubbel last night. Man I love beer. I look forward to having many more today and tonight before hopefully having the self control to abstain for another week. I find I stay just a bit sharper a bit longer the day after a dry day, and I’m looking for any edge I can get these days.

Hmm, I like the cut of your jib. I’m thinking I need to do the same.

I am getting so fat that I need to stop eating and drinking alcohol for an entire month.  I keep saying “diet” but my stomach keep saying food and my central nervous system keeps telling me that just one glass of wine will help me relax, then that’s “just one more.”  And the scale does not lie.  So it’s time for drastic action. I am fast approaching the heaviest I’ve ever been and I swore I’d never let myself go there again.  Ugh.

"I started in 1967 on a short scale Japanese Tesco bass. It cost me $5 and tab of acid."
    (Overheard on the interwebz)

8 users thanked author for this post.
    Shawn73
    Participant

I’m in hour 19 of a 24 hr fast and feeling well. I worked on the pool, went bike riding, did some weight lifting and now I’m about to play some bass.
    Haven’t had any alcohol in a few days and figure I’ll join the Sober For October challenge.  Mostly drinking water with fresh lemon juice and a bit of “No Salt” thrown in. Had my shots of ACV and one cup of coffee, black.  Feeling pretty good and not hungry. Even though I am considering what I should make for dinner at 6. 🤔

✨⚡️💥

fcleff69

Well, I guess I might as well just keep the dictionary on the night stand.

Dumb curmudgeon.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

OMG I suck so bad at honky tonk piano. It’s ironic that, as a bass player, I have such a crappy left hand.  And then also there’s the part of me that doesn’t really want to muck around too much with the actual bassist’s territory because, as we all know, that’s a fight.  But all of this music has doubled bass lines with keys and upright.

It’s possible I will end up declining this thing, because I’m not sure I can get up to speed very quickly.  Not sure why this guy is recruiting players during a pandemic, anyway. But will I keep working on it because it’s a goal, at least, and it’s humbling, because I suck so bad at it.  I would like to get to where I suck less.

In other news, I just ate a squash for lunch.  That’s roughly 8 grams of carbs, and I put a little butter on it.  I have half a sandwich leftover from last night’s dinner that I will eat at dinner time and that will be the end of the bready stuff for a while.

"I started in 1967 on a short scale Japanese Tesco bass. It cost me $5 and tab of acid."

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

My arms are like rubber. We cut way more trail today than I thought possible- about another 380 feet, on top of the 100 or so feet I had cut a couple weeks ago. Most of it was 10-12 foot tall brush/small trees. We finally broke through to the open woods, and I’ve got a sight on the old trail into the town forest! Woohoo! We’ll explore soon.

I’d like to have a beer but I might need someone to help me raise it to my lips.

LBS-bass
    Participant

My arms are like rubber. We cut way more trail today than I thought possible- about another 380 feet, on top of the 100 or so feet I had cut a couple weeks ago. Most of it was 10-12 foot tall brush/small trees. We finally broke through to the open woods, and I’ve got a sight on the old trail into the town forest! Woohoo! We’ll explore soon.

I’d like to have a beer but I might need someone to help me raise it to my lips.

Use a straw.

Sounds like you’re getting a lot done in the new place!

Still4strings
    Participant

This blade is like a superpower.

20201003_162434

Still4strings
    Participant

Use a straw.

Sounds like you’re getting a lot done in the new place!

Yes! It feels good to get these things done. The kitchen looks so much better, we finished painting the master bedroom yesterday, the living room is coming together nicely… Next up, the dining room and the upstairs bath “lightweight” remodel. We really want to do the bathroom over, but for now we’ll just replace the vanity, paint it, and put in some new light fixtures.

Here’s the trail progress today- we cut from one red arrow to the other, and you can see where the old logging trail used to be (which is what we want to connect to).

trail

Still4strings
    Participant

Bear down, dig deep. I found the strength to lift 16 ounces. Cheerios!

20201003_170827

Andyman001
    Participant

20201003_170827

Fun fact:

A lifetime ago, I worked at a place that made those tile cutting “nippers” pictured on that can.

🙂

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

Still4strings
    Participant

20201003_170827

Fun fact:

A lifetime ago, I worked at a place that made those tile cutting “nippers” pictured on that can.

🙂

With a little work on a grinder those make good fret end nippers, as I’m sure you know!

Still4strings
    Participant

Upcoming project – all I need are some small speakers and I can fire this up.

20201003_181204

Still4strings
    Participant

In the meanwhile, this is alive! I’m glad it survived the move. The “magic eye” tuning indicator (glowing green bar on the right – the more bar showing, the better the signal) is cool. And all things considered it sounds pretty good! I can’t get any shortwave stations at the moment – I suppose I need some kind of antenna. This is the best roadside find ever.

20201003_182924

fcleff69

I tried to get an internship at an amp repair shop today. But his business has been so slow he can’t even take on free help. 😞

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Andyman001
    Participant

In the meanwhile, this is alive! I’m glad it survived the move. The “magic eye” tuning indicator (glowing green bar on the right – the more bar showing, the better the signal) is cool. And all things considered it sounds pretty good! I can’t get any shortwave stations at the moment – I suppose I need some kind of antenna. This is the best roadside find ever.

20201003_182924

It’s amazing how those old radios sound. I got this after my gramma past away:

1950’s Zenith AM/FM, And it still works & sounds great!

20201003_174152

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 52,181 through 52,200 (of 61,113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.