Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 51,081 through 51,100 (of 66,773 total)
  • Author
    fcleff69

Mornin all. Coffee’s on.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Spidey2112

Fwoo.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Mornin all. Coffee’s on.

wah-gah-1

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

These may be new lyrics, and now I’m laughing harder than ever.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Okay, the day just took a turn… after the boys brushed their teeth, I stuck all three toothbrushes in what I thought was their holder, but it was my coffee cup…

… and like Hef, that shit is going to get finished.

NSYMCE
    Participant

I’ve formed an unhealthy attachment to animals, and it’s getting worse with age.

A friend I used to jam with wrote a song called The Man Who Loved Hummingbirds More Than People. I have no idea who he was talking about.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

fcleff69

I just saw a squirrel run across the roof with a bundle of 6 pecans in his mouth. 🐿

NSYMCE
    Participant

I just saw a squirrel run across the roof with a bundle of 6 pecans in his mouth. 🐿

Those little feckers are going nuts around here too.

fcleff69

It’s the first really cool morning of the season. I finally got to have my coffee outside in a mild 65 degrees.

LBS-bass
    Keymaster

A couple of days ago I spied a squirrel walking around on my front porch.  She was cute, playing around in my flower pots and all.  Then she started taking big bites out of my begonia leaves and I had to go chase her away.

It's all fun and games until somebody loses their freaking mind.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant

I’ve got this old Peavey guitar – a Briarwood model acoustic from the early 00’s.  I think my folks bought it NOS in 2003 for a Christmas gift, after it had sat on the shelves of one of the guitar stores for a number of years.  There’s no serial number printed inside or anything – just “Briarwood N” written on the label inside the sound hole, and a “Made In Korea” sticker next to it.

I was watching some country music videos with Stewart last night from around that same time period:  Late 90’s to early 00’s.  I spotted a headstock on a Takamine guitar that looked awfully familiar:

That’s the same headstock as what’s on my Peavey guitar.  The Tak is a G series, which was their import line, made in Korea.  The tuners are the same butterbean lookin’ things.  The key differences are that my Peavey has a matte woodgrain finish (instead of gloss black) and it’s got a bound neck.

Now, here’s where it gets weird:  Everyone who’s ever picked up my Peavey expected it to sound like a wet fart; they’re always consistently surprised by how good it sounds, and how well it plays.  Nice and balanced, just the right amount of chunk from the low strings and just the right amount of twang or glissando from the high strings.  Unlike later Peavey acoustics, it’s got an easily-tunable truss rod, high-quality frets, and lightly shaved braces.  There’s scant little information on the entire Internet (that I’ve been able to find anyway) with hard facts and figures about the Peavey Briarwood.  It’s one of those where a Google search turns up forum posts that are mostly mine…or, they turn up the incredibly low-end Peavey Briarwoods that were built from 2005 to 2010, and have a totally different headstock (and bridge) shape.

Is it possible that these MIK Peavey guitars were somehow related to the MIK Taks?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

A couple of days ago I spied a squirrel walking around on my front porch. She was cute, playing around in my flower pots and all. Then she started taking big bites out of my begonia leaves and I had to go chase her away.

We got Gray Diggers here for the first time this year. One was trying to steal food out of our slow cooker when it was out on the deck during hot weather, two feet from our front door. Nasty destructive vermin, meet Mr. Wrist Rocket.

fcleff69

taking big bites out of my begonia leaves

Go on.

fcleff69

Is it possible that these MIK Peavey guitars were somehow related to the MIK Taks?

I’d say it’s possible. This is a question for Ded.

NSYMCE
    Participant

It’s the first really cool morning of the season. I finally got to have my coffee outside in a mild 65 degrees.

55 degrees here right now, a bit overcast. Air quality now showing as “excellent.” I’m going to give my lungs a day or two to clear out before I do any strenuous work, but I’m heading outside right now to do a few chores without a mask for the first time in a week and a half.

RattFink
    Participant

Well I sold my Tahoe yesterday.  It was starting in 4 wheel low, and it would take a few tries.  So I took it over to the shop.  They wanted $2000+ to fix it.  It’s 14 years old with 176k miles on it.  It looks and runs perfect other wise.  Anyhow, car shopping today.

RattFink, RattFank, RattFunk, Rattbones

Still4strings
    Participant

Well I sold my Tahoe yesterday. It was starting in 4 wheel low, and it would take a few tries. So I took it over to the shop. They wanted $2000+ to fix it. It’s 14 years old with 176k miles on it. It looks and runs perfect other wise. Anyhow, car shopping today.

Good luck, Ratt! I used to have a 98 Tahoe. That thing was a workhorse.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Still4strings
    Participant

It’s cool and gorgeous here. We’re painting the kitchen and rocking out. First it was Johnny Cas8, now it’s the original Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack. There’s some killer bass work on What’s the Buzz.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

*Cash

3 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Keymaster

I would guess they were probably both made in the same factory and just branded separately for those companies.

It's all fun and games until somebody loses their freaking mind.

Viewing 20 posts - 51,081 through 51,100 (of 66,773 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.