Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 50,801 through 50,820 (of 53,637 total)
  • Author
    fcleff69

Nah, I just know you have good taste.  Makes it easier.

You two keep this up and it will sound like you are blowing each other. Oh, wait…

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

<noscript>&lt;img src=”https://i2.wp.com/i.imgur.com/Iykxl9w.jpg?w=843&amp;#038;ssl=1&#8243; data-recalc-dims=”1″ /&gt;</noscript>

Happens regularly at my place of employment…

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

I feel like he would make a great toilet brush

Lol!

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Yes, I know that the pandemic is behind it, however, to me, it appears as though EVERYONE is using the pandemic as an excuse. First, it was to sell, at inflated prices, and not provide service… but now, it looks like its an excuse “not to work”.

Bingo.  “What is it you can do for me, today?”

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ituobrey
    Participant

Uh oh, getting the Ashdown itch again?

downloadfile-39

I don’t think that’s why Hef is itchy…

ituobrey
    Participant

as the diameter was a little bit larger than standard

TWSS

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

I’m about to drive into the office for the first time since March 12th. This feels strange.

Call in sick?

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

Nah, I just know you have good taste. Makes it easier.

You two keep this up and it will sound like you are blowing each other. Oh, wait…

Wouldn’t want to sound like you and Amy.

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?

Mktrat
    Keymaster

More than half of whet I’ve looked at, over the last two days, has been “out of stock/ due in”.

Don’t even get me started….

(Ok just a bit)

Good Seasons italian dressing mix OUT!!

Heinz individual Ketchup packets OUT!!

Kraft ranch dressing packets EXTREMELY LIMITED!!

All battered and breaded mushrooms EXTREMELY LIMITED!!

This is all just starting now, when the restaurants are reopening and are conducting LESS carry outs.

WTP!!!!!!!

(ok, I’m better now, thanks)

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Maybe @agedhorse can chime in on the supply and demand difficulties of the pandemic? I noticed that the TT800 is one of the peices that seems hard to get, but I’m not sure if that’s because of the pandemic, or good-old-fashioned Mesa demand!

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

LBS-bass
    Participant

Maybe @agedhorse can chime in on the supply and demand difficulties of the pandemic? I noticed that the TT800 is one of the peices that seems hard to get, but I’m not sure if that’s because of the pandemic, or good-old-fashioned Mesa demand!

Interesting conversation.  I recently ordered a small practice combo because I’m sick of lugging my larger practice amp to my outdoor rehearsals with the blues guys.  Sweetwater said it’s out of stock but someone on Amazon said they had it, so I ordered there.  Estimated arrival is sometime next week, which is odd for Prime, and I’m wondering if I’m going to have a delay on it.  I am willing to bet they have to order it, too.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

NSYMCE
    Participant

Interesting conversation. I recently ordered a small practice combo because I’m sick of lugging my larger practice amp to my outdoor rehearsals with the blues guys. Sweetwater said it’s out of stock but someone on Amazon said they had it, so I ordered there. Estimated arrival is sometime next week, which is odd for Prime, and I’m wondering if I’m going to have a delay on it. I am willing to bet they have to order it, too.

What’d you go with? A few friends are always bugging me about building combos, but it’s just never been an attractive format for bass amps to me in the past. But like nearly everything these days, it pays to be fluid and listen to other’s wants and needs.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Interesting conversation. I recently ordered a small practice combo because I’m sick of lugging my larger practice amp to my outdoor rehearsals with the blues guys. Sweetwater said it’s out of stock but someone on Amazon said they had it, so I ordered there. Estimated arrival is sometime next week, which is odd for Prime, and I’m wondering if I’m going to have a delay on it. I am willing to bet they have to order it, too.

It’s especially hard to tell with Mesa Boogie stuff, because under normal circumstances, their stuff is already in high demand, so when a new product its released, it’s “born” popular. Couple that with handmade in America manufacturing, and then it’s no shocker that there’s a waitin list.  However, That’s now the case for EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, so I’m definitely intrigued.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Image may contain: text that says 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY F1000 18 30 40 andSery 50 andseng HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADOY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY 9:00 MONDAY APRIL 2014 13:00 JEBNESDAY 2015 JULY 17:00 2016 OCTOBER 22:00 2017 DECEMBER'

... Al Capone

Spidey2112

Image may contain: text that says 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY F1000 18 30 40 andSery 50 andseng HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADOY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY 9:00 MONDAY APRIL 2014 13:00 JEBNESDAY 2015 JULY 17:00 2016 OCTOBER 22:00 2017 DECEMBER'<noscript>Image may contain: text that says 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY F1000 18 30 40 andSery 50 andseng HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADOY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY 9:00 MONDAY APRIL 2014 13:00 JEBNESDAY 2015 JULY 17:00 2016 OCTOBER 22:00 2017 DECEMBER'</noscript>

Nibbed, for your measure.

NSYMCE
    Participant

Uggh. Our local paper has just published an article stating that the out of bounds air quality numbers showing up online this week as “not avaialable” due to their implausibility were real. So those graphics I posted with AQIs in the 400s from 20 miles away were actually way understated, we were actually at 600+, the worst recorded anywhere in the world apparently. The local sensor shows 212 today, so we’re headed the right way at least.

LBS-bass
    Participant

What’d you go with? A few friends are always bugging me about building combos, but it’s just never been an attractive format for bass amps to me in the past. But like nearly everything these days, it pays to be fluid and listen to other’s wants and needs.

Wanted to keep it light and cheap, so went with the Fender Rumble 25.  I would have gone with the 40, but the dimensions aren’t that different from my 100.  The weight on all of them is about the same, 21-22 lbs so I figured this will probably do the job while being a bit less cumbersome to carry.  It will not carry a full drum kit but our outdoor rehearsals involve a cajon, so hopefully this will be loud enough.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Uggh. Our local paper has just published an article stating that the out of bounds air quality numbers showing up online this week as “not avaialable” due to their implausibility were real. So those graphics I posted with AQIs in the 400s from 20 miles away were actually way understated, we were actually at 600+, the worst recorded anywhere in the world apparently. The local sensor shows 212 today, so we’re headed the right way at least.

Funny, in typical douche fashion, everyone at work is talking about how we’ll soon be seeing the effects of the California fires, in New Jersey. I responded, could you imagine the people who live in Cali? But I don’t think they cared.

... Al Capone

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Fender Rumble 25

I keep one of those at my in-laws’ for when I visit.  $100 and includes aux-in / phones-out with a totally usable built-in overdrive.  Pretty solid value!

NSYMCE
    Participant

Wanted to keep it light and cheap, so went with the Fender Rumble 25. I would have gone with the 40, but the dimensions aren’t that different from my 100. The weight on all of them is about the same, 21-22 lbs so I figured this will probably do the job while being a bit less cumbersome to carry. It will not carry a full drum kit but our outdoor rehearsals involve a cajon, so hopefully this will be loud enough.

Cool. When the Friday night jammers were still going to to bars to play occasionally on other nights I was contemplating getting the Rumble 40, but I haven’t tried any new combos and am not the type to buy on speculation. My EUB brings another level of headroom neediness though, and I’m not too sure if that would actually be enough. Same percussion scenario though, cajon or maybe a 2-3 piece kit with brushes only.

For me just carrying the 33 lb. Thunderchild cab and a 9 lb. homemade amp in a nice shoulder bag is not really such a big ask though, and that rig works fine anywhere I’m likely to play, pretty much.

Viewing 20 posts - 50,801 through 50,820 (of 53,637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.