Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 50,641 through 50,660 (of 63,341 total)
  • Author
    Still4strings
    Participant

Original tires… they have a little over 50K on them, and the tread doesn’t look too bad, but I bet they’re reaching the end of their life span. Taking it in for an oil change and possibly a rotation, depending on their evaluation of the tires.

The tires rotate every time you drive!

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

I hardly ever check tire pressure, anymore… when the warning comes on, I check it. How often does your ‘Low Tire’ warning come on, Scroti ®?

Never, unless there’s a leak. I went through a bout of bad tire luck last year, mostly due to potholes causing sidewall pinch flats. But the only time the light goes on is when there’s a tire situation that needs fixin’.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

I hardly ever check tire pressure, anymore… when the warning comes on, I check it. How often does your ‘Low Tire’ warning come on, Scroti ®?

I have one (or more) bad sensors so my light is on all the time.  I check them about once a month unless temps are rapidly changing, then like once a week.  Usually don’t add any, but knowing they are good is nice.

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I calls em’ likes I see em’.

Wilson Dan Appreciate About You GIF - WilsonDan AppreciateAboutYou  LetterKenny - Discover & Share GIFs

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

‘Low Tire’ warning, back on again in the Civic… filled them back on July 24th, with the left front and right rear measuring the lowest…

… same, yesterday.

Original tires… they have a little over 50K on them, and the tread doesn’t look too bad, but I bet they’re reaching the end of their life span.

Taking it in for an oil change and possibly a rotation, depending on their evaluation of the tires.

And then, screw it… I’m picking up some Dead Guy, on the way home. I don’t work just to over pay for oil changes.

Long live the Dead Guy! Wait a sec…

50k on tire, then they owe you nothing. However, if the tread is good, and you have good driving/ maint habits, tires can really last a long time. Low tires is just the change in temp… Hot air being less dense than cold air, seasonal changes always require tire pressure attention.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Still4strings
    Participant

‘Low Tire’ warning, back on again in the Civic… filled them back on July 24th, with the left front and right rear measuring the lowest…

… same, yesterday.

Original tires… they have a little over 50K on them, and the tread doesn’t look too bad, but I bet they’re reaching the end of their life span.

Taking it in for an oil change and possibly a rotation, depending on their evaluation of the tires.

I am obsessed with tires. Over the course of my life I can’t even tell you how many different tires I’ve tried of so many flavors- all season, summer performance, winter tires, ultra high performance tires, you name it. I think about, read about, and talk about tires too much. My GF can tell you without missing a beat that my car has Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS-06 235/40-18s on it.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Over the course of my life I can’t even tell you how many different tires I’ve tried

You can tell me anything. It stays between us.

... Al Capone

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Original tires… they have a little over 50K on them, and the tread doesn’t look too bad, but I bet they’re reaching the end of their life span. Taking it in for an oil change and possibly a rotation, depending on their evaluation of the tires.

The tires rotate every time you drive!

I knew I forgot something.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

Low tires is just the change in temp… Hot air being less dense than cold air, seasonal changes always require tire pressure attention.

Probably didn’t give you all the info… I’m noticing the right front and left rear (currently) are lower than their doppelgangers… consistently.  I could see aged, leaky valves as possibly the culprit, as opposed to both having suffered punctures.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Didjia spray ’em with the soapy water?

Still4strings
    Participant

Low tires is just the change in temp… Hot air being less dense than cold air, seasonal changes always require tire pressure attention.

Probably didn’t give you all the info… I’m noticing the right front and left rear (currently) are lower than their doppelgangers… consistently. I could see aged, leaky valves as possibly the culprit, as opposed to both having suffered punctures.

Oh, that’s very common. You have what’s known as DOPS (diagonally opposed pressure loss; sometimes called diametrically opposed pressure loss). I’m betting your regular driving route tends to have more right hand turns than left hand turns, right? This happens as a natural result of loading/unloading those two corners of the car as you’re making turns. Some car models are known for it more than others (Civics among them). Just add air and move on.

Still4strings
    Participant

If you google DOPS you’ll find the study that was done at the University of Virginia.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Probably didn’t give you all the info… I’m noticing the right front and left rear (currently) are lower than their doppelgangers… consistently. I could see aged, leaky valves as possibly the culprit, as opposed to both having suffered punctures.

Oh, that’s very common. You have what’s known as DOPS (diagonally opposed pressure loss; sometimes called diametrically opposed pressure loss). I’m betting your regular driving route tends to have more right hand turns than left hand turns, right? This happens as a natural result of loading/unloading those two corners of the car as you’re making turns. Some car models are known for it more than others (Civics among them). Just add air and move on.

Thank You - Nerd Alert

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Didjia spray ’em with the soapy water?

yEAH. tAKE THOSE BITCHES OFF THE CAR, THROW THEM IN THE MR TURTLE POOL, WITH SOME SUDS, AND QUIT PLAYING THE GUESSING GAME WITH YOUR SAFETY

... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

Knock on wood, my truck tires hardly ever need more air… they actually hold pressure pretty well. What’s funny is I can go all summer without any warning from my TPMS, then come cold weather it’s starts acting like it’s losing communication with the satellite sensors… tire pressure is fine. Mechanic tried to explain the batteries are bad…

… but, it works in the summer. Did the batteries get better, when the weather warmed up? Lol!

I had a low pressure warning on one of my tires about every five days starting about two weeks after I bought it.  Also a Civic. It was a pain but I eventually took it in and there was a nail or something and they were able to patch it.  Hope that’s all you need to do.

Signature change for the win!

Jeff Preston
    Participant

… same, yesterday.

And then, screw it… I’m picking up some Dead Guy, on the way home. I don’t work just to over pay for oil changes.

Long live the Dead Guy! Wait a sec…

Not sure what year it is, but it could be a bad TPMS sensor.

JP

A morning poem:
    Coffee, coffee, coffee. Everyone shut up. Coffee.

Still4strings
    Participant

Knock on wood, my truck tires hardly ever need more air… they actually hold pressure pretty well. What’s funny is I can go all summer without any warning from my TPMS, then come cold weather it’s starts acting like it’s losing communication with the satellite sensors… tire pressure is fine. Mechanic tried to explain the batteries are bad…

… but, it works in the summer. Did the batteries get better, when the weather warmed up? Lol!

I had a low pressure warning on one of my tires about every five days starting about two weeks after I bought it. Also a Civic. It was a pain but I eventually took it in and there was a nail or something and they were able to patch it. Hope that’s all you need to do.

Same here- that’s happened to me, exactly. I’d bring it to the tire shop. At 50k if they need to be repaired I’d probably just replace.

NSYMCE
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Wow, what a mess! @NSYMCE I said, it sounded pretty good to me!</p>

Thanks mate. I really prefer playing that tune as an instrumental, like pretty much  all jazz really. But as a benefit show it worked well, bringing in right around $20K. And getting to play with the chamber orchestra for a tune at the end was a blast, and something I’d never done before. And yes, the string section players were hot.

Mktrat
    Keymaster

And yes, the string section players were hot.

BONUS!!

Knuckleduster
    Participant

… same, yesterday.

I am obsessed with tires. Over the course of my life I can’t even tell you how many different tires I’ve tried of so many flavors- all season, summer performance, winter tires, ultra high performance tires, you name it. I think about, read about, and talk about tires too much. My GF can tell you without missing a beat that my car has Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS-06 235/40-18s on it.

You’re a tire guy?  NOWAI!  I’m looking for, apparently, a unicorn of a tire:

I don’t want a dedicated snow/winter tire, as I don’t want to deal with the hassle (and expense) of maintaining 2 sets of wheels and tires per year, but I want an all-season/all-weather that’s better than average on snow and slush.  My current Firestone FR-710’s are good ’nuff in the summer, but they slide around a lot in the Michigan winters we’ve had.  It’s totally predictable, yeah, but it’s a PITA to drive in traffic (especially with scads of Chads driving Subarus, Audis, and 4×4 pickups like bats outta hell).

Is it really that bad to drive snow tires in the summer?  Or, as mentioned, can you recommend an all season/all weather that’s more geared toward winter/snow than it is for summer/warm?

Viewing 20 posts - 50,641 through 50,660 (of 63,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.