Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 50,501 through 50,520 (of 53,635 total)
  • Author
    fcleff69

Listening to Billie Holliday tonight really gets me itching for my upright. I wanna start dusting of my standard chops and play those old arrangements. Such tasteful navigation through the changes.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

Listening to Billie Holliday tonight really gets me itching for my upright. I wanna start dusting of my standard chops and play those old arrangements. Such tasteful navigation through the changes.

Doooo EEEET!  I’ll get my vocal chops up and we can swap tracks!

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Doooo EEEET!  I’ll get my vocal chops up and we can swap tracks!

I’m down.

NSYMCE
    Participant

Now we’re talkin’.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

Day three of walking bass rehab.  I still suck, but noticeably less than I sucked yesterday. These guys are my cheering section.  I need to buy a few more stands and get them all in here. Played the red one today.

basses3

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

fcleff69

Mornin all. Coffee’s on.

Spidey2112

Mornin all. Coffee’s on.

Up and Adam, Eve!  The Energizer Bunny has nothing on you.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Bring *home, goddammit.

Can’t wait to see it! I’ve always wanted one, but I’m not ready yet. Sorry about the edit. Don’t know why it’s being a bitch.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Pic from where I’m sitting at the moment. On the 🚽.

20200912_105456

I often forget that so many other New England states, actually have a nicer, uncontaminated nature side to them. I still can’t believe that the world is filled with people, just like me, in their own little world, only differentiated by geography. Oh and fuck Canada, and the Canadians.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

yeeesh my voice gets nasty when I don’t use it.

This is a massive issue for me. A lot of our tunes are me “yelling”, and controlling your pitch is a trick when you’re doing it. Although I feel that I do it exceptionally well (which I rarely use to describe myself), two weeks off from practice, and I sound like Oscar the Grouch.

I DONT practice, outside of rehearsal anymore, and I should. Unfortunately, I only sing when I’m happy, and its been a while! lol.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Rest in peace, Toots Hibbert. He was one of the artists who caused me to fall in love with reggae when I was in my late teens and I’ve enjoyed his music ever since.

I used to be friendly with him and Larry Hartke. My Godfather owns night clubs in a resort town, and both were local regulars. When I was younger, I worked and performed there and they gave me many cool instruments, trinkets, and memories.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

It’s beer time. All this moving has wiped me out. I can start unpacking tomorrow. Cheers, peeps. BBQ over here for anyone within driving distance, soon! 🙂

20200912_165405

I will definitely make the trip. Looks wicked cool, man!

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Cheers!

20200912_150933

Ah… enjoying a Voodoo Ranger! Cancel your plans for the rest of the day!

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

20200912_215347

20200912_212717

Welp, sure, why not.

Ah… She’s an oldie. One of the few “electrical jobs”, which I hate, is wiring new lights over the kitchen sink, when that little ornate trim is there.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I almost sold my 67 Bassman tonight. But when I plugged it in to check it over it sounded so good I backed out.

Sell it while there are still people around, who know hat it is and want it! Classic cars are coming down in price… Way down! That’s never happened before, and it’s not a good sign. I don’t think that there’ll be another nostalgic generation.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

There are four huge maple trees at the border of the front yard. GF named them. From right to left (right one is tallest) they are Joey, Dee Dee, Marky, and Johnny (Johnny is last because he was a douchebag).

I like her already.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Yikes. I’ve got a friend in Portland who told me she has to clean her house daily to get rid of the ash (indoors). Breathing it in must be awful.

It’s the suxors to the nth degree. Bad now, and supposed to get even worse tonight before it starts to improve tomorrow.

Smogg-1

I’m sure it’s not an issue, but if you guys need to get out, you’re welcome to come to Jersey. But, we have our own oppressing air.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

My little pirate.

MVIMG_20200913_173459_compress49

Argh… Tis true that ya should be unpackin insteada nappin.

... Al Capone

Spidey2112

I don’t think that there’ll be another nostalgic generation.

I think cellphone musuems will be hot, about 30 years from now.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Having a dram of George Remus 121 Proof. Deceptively smooth.

Fred and Lamont Sanford, Uncle Remus… What the fuck is it with you and black heritage? You’re white, dammit!

... Al Capone

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 50,501 through 50,520 (of 53,635 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.