Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Viewing 20 posts - 42,061 through 42,080 (of 53,635 total)
  • Author
    Spidey2112

Hey @Spidey2112 they shut down that thread before you had a chance to respond to my Tarkus snark. Too bad, so sad.

tenor-1

I sense your snark, responding with an ass blast in your general direction.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

I guess it’s too late to avoid politics, so here, let’s at least have fun with it:

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6815758866769349894.html

4 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

There are some true shit heads out there. I can’t control myself well enough to post a reasonable statement in this thread. Just stay the fuck away from other people.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/band-wants-to-start-practicing-again-in-may-yes-no.1458707/

Much easier now than ever to know who takes their advice from the assholes on Faux.  You can bet all of them exist in a hermetically sealed cocoons to avoid becoming infected but phuc their listeners.

All they’re saying is you folks need to get back to work.  Da massa say so.  Dere be cotton to be picked.

“…If we stop breathing, we’ll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.”

2 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

I’m giving myself a headache thinking about this bullshit; I need to do something constructive to distract myself. MANY people close to me are being directly and severely impacted by COVID-19 in ways that, in some cases, will change their lives forever, badly. For others close to me it will change their lives in ways they will never forget, even if they are not being personally harmed by this. For others still, including myself, I am scared that the second shoe will drop. I’m grateful that nobody close to me has died from this yet, and I am so sorry for others I know who have lost friends or family.

The best way I’ve found to deal with it is to keep reminding myself and anyone else who’ll listen that it didn’t have to be this way.  Much of this could have been prevented had someone listened to medical experts and not Wall Street and internal hunches.

There are clear indications that many saw opportunities to profit from this if only from the scare not believing it would ever become beyond their control until it did.  Whose gonna answer for that and for tens of thousands of preventable deaths?  They’re all in hiding.

IMHO the best solution right now is to get really fucking mad and stay that way until we fix that broken down POS we have for a Federal Govt.  Most states and their Governors are running a far better show than DC is right now.  Major changes will need to be made.

“…If we stop breathing, we’ll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.”

soulman
    Participant

Everyone seems to be stressed to the max. I want to give some advise and I hope I don’t come off to preachy. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” If you believe in a god or not doesn’t matter. Accept the things you can not change, change the one’s you can, find peace. I believe many of you know my story. This is the only way I have been able to cope without using drugs, alcohol and sex as a crutch.

It’s great advice. The problem with me is that can find acceptance about 90% of the time. The other 10% when I express myself people encourage me to find acceptance, which I learned how to do pretty well when I spent six months living in a zen monastery; I don’t need lessons in that. I need to be heard when the other stuff hits, because every single thing we feel in this is valid.

I was posting elsewhere that this whole situation is like the stages of grief that we experience. In a sense we’re grieving the loss of our old way of life, and people will deal with that loss in a similar way as when they lose a friend or a loved one. Denial is huge. Anger is huge. All those things hit us in a big way on our way to acceptance and, even when we find we’re accepting things well, we’ll still have tearful or angry moments. What people often fail to realize about the stages of grief is that they are not linear. We go in and out of those modes; different ones predominate early on, and eventually acceptance becomes the default, but the other stuff is always still there, at least a little.

We’re all going to get through this, one way or another. Hopefully most of us make it out the other side, but we’re not going to be the same. It’s going to be a different world, and we’ll adjust to that, too. We don’t really have a choice.

OK, now that I’m done pontificating, I found some sheet music to help me sort out the solo part in Limelight a little faster. I can learn it by ear, but it’s easier to have help and my note reading studies are paying off. So if I ever get back up on a stage again, there may be some serious stuff happening. Maybe. It looks like Fred might be moving out, so his motivation to work on it will probably diminish if he does. We’ll see how that goes.

Wish I could like this two or three times Sis.

Not to be preachy either but maybe we should be reminding ourselves that most of our grandparents and great grand parents went through a major economic depression that lasted nearly a decade and did it without the social safety nets we have today.

They survived by all pulling together helping one another and not through the divide and conquer bullshit being thrown out there now.  Those who choose that path are a huge minority and in the end they’ll either come around or suffer the consequences.

We know what we have to do and the steps that must be taken so let’s all get together and do it.  We all have freedoms we can exercise that can keep us safe and both socially and financially more secure.  Don’t suppress anger.  That only adds to depression.  Let it out.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

See, I start to get mellow, then I see this shit:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/barr-says-doj-may-act-against-governors-with-strict-virus-limits?fbclid=IwAR3B0uzng_2E6pZCCfooL1R-zBx-8lcWQDVrGhTjdIaYc0rL-GzoIPfojaU

He’s another bully just his boss and the bottom line is they’re both just making threats they can’t back up.  Not unless they tear up the Constitution which I’m sure they would dearly like to.  Resist and in November will kick hundreds of them to the curb.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

I guess it’s too late to avoid politics, so here, let’s at least have fun with it:

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6815758866769349894.html

Kinda scary when ya’ realize non-living sub-microscopic infection agent is far more intelligent than the guy whose supposed to be running the country.  The only two things smaller than a single corona cell is Drumpf’s heart and his brain.

RattFink
    Participant

Everyone seems to be stressed to the max. I want to give some advise and I hope I don’t come off to preachy. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” If you believe in a god or not doesn’t matter. Accept the things you can not change, change the one’s you can, find peace. I believe many of you know my story. This is the only way I have been able to cope without using drugs, alcohol and sex as a crutch.

It’s great advice. The problem with me is that can find acceptance about 90% of the time. The other 10% when I express myself people encourage me to find acceptance, which I learned how to do pretty well when I spent six months living in a zen monastery; I don’t need lessons in that. I need to be heard when the other stuff hits, because every single thing we feel in this is valid.

I was posting elsewhere that this whole situation is like the stages of grief that we experience. In a sense we’re grieving the loss of our old way of life, and people will deal with that loss in a similar way as when they lose a friend or a loved one. Denial is huge. Anger is huge. All those things hit us in a big way on our way to acceptance and, even when we find we’re accepting things well, we’ll still have tearful or angry moments. What people often fail to realize about the stages of grief is that they are not linear. We go in and out of those modes; different ones predominate early on, and eventually acceptance becomes the default, but the other stuff is always still there, at least a little.

We’re all going to get through this, one way or another. Hopefully most of us make it out the other side, but we’re not going to be the same. It’s going to be a different world, and we’ll adjust to that, too. We don’t really have a choice.

OK, now that I’m done pontificating, I found some sheet music to help me sort out the solo part in Limelight a little faster. I can learn it by ear, but it’s easier to have help and my note reading studies are paying off. So if I ever get back up on a stage again, there may be some serious stuff happening. Maybe. It looks like Fred might be moving out, so his motivation to work on it will probably diminish if he does. We’ll see how that goes.

Not to be preachy either but maybe we should be reminding ourselves that most of our grandparents and great grand parents went through a major economic depression that lasted nearly a decade and did it without the social safety nets we have today.

They survived by all pulling together helping one another and not through the divide and conquer bullshit being thrown out there now. Those who choose that path are a huge minority and in the end they’ll either come around or suffer the consequences.

We know what we have to do and the steps that must be taken so let’s all get together and do it. We all have freedoms we can exercise that can keep us safe and both socially and financially more secure. Don’t suppress anger. That only adds to depression. Let it out.

There’s a big difference between my great grand parents time and ours.  Durring my great grand parents time you could fuck a sheep.  Today you would get arrested if people know you were a sheep fucker.  So, these sheep fuckers are just walking around in society and no one know who they are.  Dirty, filthy fucking sheep fuckers.

G&L Musical Instruments

6 users thanked author for this post.
    ProgressiveDoom
    Participant

Im so far outta this fn’ world. I fn’ love it here!. Are you alright in your world?. Every fn’ thing in this moment needs to be captured and multiplied for the masses. We could live a really fucking groovy lifestyle here man.

The woman across the street……..she needs to calm the fuck down is what needs to happen. Glad I aint sharing matrimony and offspring with her.

Whos the fn’ wiseguy that changed my avatar to this clown?. Metronomicon?…..he looks like he hangs with your network.

Best Mammy GIFs | Gfycat

I certainly the fuck dont come here to be disrespected because of my geographical location.

soulman
    Participant

They survived by all pulling together helping one another and not through the divide and conquer bullshit being thrown out there now. Those who choose that path are a huge minority and in the end they’ll either come around or suffer the consequences.

We know what we have to do and the steps that must be taken so let’s all get together and do it. We all have freedoms we can exercise that can keep us safe and both socially and financially more secure. Don’t suppress anger. That only adds to depression. Let it out.

There’s a big difference between my great grand parents time and ours. Durring my great grand parents time you could fuck a sheep. Today you would get arrested if people know you were a sheep fucker. So, these sheep fuckers are just walking around in society and no one know who they are. Dirty, filthy fucking sheep fuckers.

So…..don’t let anyone know.  Your secret is safe with us Ratt.  You know that.  😉 LOLOL

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

We need some nonsense in here. Did you guys watch Kung Fury yet?

Not seen it yet… Is it a spoof? I’m VERY big into kungfu comedy. Black Dynamite and Shaolin Soccer are my faves.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m giving myself a headache thinking about this bullshit; I need to do something constructive to distract myself. MANY people close to me are being directly and severely impacted by COVID-19 in ways that, in some cases, will change their lives forever, badly. For others close to me it will change their lives in ways they will never forget, even if they are not being personally harmed by this. For others still, including myself, I am scared that the second shoe will drop. I’m grateful that nobody close to me has died from this yet, and I am so sorry for others I know who have lost friends or family.

Yeah, it’s hard to describe the feeling. my best buddy just woke up today, for the first time in 50 years, without his father. At that point, whatever unfinished biz that you had is nailed shut. There’s no more lies, no more procrastinating, and now, no funeral to say goodbye.

You’ve all heard me bitch about how I despise the “you can’t see it from my house” mentality, above all else. Unfortunately, I’m outnumbered in my thinking, and that’s how America chooses to live. The philosophy of the people is that they know it’s illegal, but it’s not enforced, so they do it anyway. Now, that way of thinking gets you all alone in a hospital bed, and then cremated without your loved ones.

I’m personally still in the “these things only ever happen to other people” stage, but the facts don’t lie. Things don’t seem like they’re slowing, and I have no idea how I’d be dealing with 3 funerals ( and counting) if there was no quarantine. This is a game changer.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

The longer I live, the worse it seems to get.

That’s because when we were kids, our parents wouldt buy us video game consoles because they couldnt afford them. But then we bought them for our kids, because spending $100 was easier than interacting with and raising a child.

So now the adults of the world were raised by Grand Theft Auto… So punching someone in the face for toilet paper is a logical progression.

... Al Capone

8 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m struggling to have clear thoughts on what’s happening out there. More importantly how to move forward and whether or not I can trust my instincts. I’m nervous about my own perspective early on. I may have said “this probably isn’t super different from seasonal flu” sometime in the first week of March. I even had a last minute work trip scheduled to visit a client in Albany a week after the lockdown in New Rochelle and didn’t think much of that at the time. So my nonchalance was very dangerous to myself and my family. I suspect it will happen again sooner than later.

On one hand, we all have to be super diligent and wary going forward until we get news from trusted sources that indicates the threat is passing. On the other hand, if it takes 6 months then do we really just live like this in pseudo lockdown for the duration? We have to go out at some point for stuff and things. Is a return to some sort of normalcy in the immediate future going to be accommodated with calculated risk in the most mundane decisions every day like you just got gas and touched the pump with your bare hand but there is no bathroom to wash your hands while you sing the ABCs?

Sorry folks, just spraying my thoughts all over the place. 😀

FYI… I’ve noticed that “Mechanics Hand Wipes” seem to be in full stock at the auto parts store, so the idiot brigade seems to have missed them. I suggest carrying them in your car, so that when you leave the gas station or store, you can wipe your hands, face, steering wheel.

Grizzly Industrial H1297 - Scrubs In a Bucket

... Al Capone

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Sorry for the rant. It’s just one of those days. :/

I think we both just ranted at the same time! It’s all good man. There are a myriad of ways this is affecting people, even those that it seems like aren’t being affected. Mental health is huge and it’s one of those things that is hardest to see happening when it’s happening to you. I mean, not you literally but generally speaking.

Usually I think I’m pretty steeled but there have been a few moments over the last 4 weeks that I have briefly felt an overwhelming sense of dread. Like the beginning of a panic attack, then it passes. Everyone needs to get their thoughts out to stay mentally healthy.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Today is exceptionally bad because I’m seeing people I care about getting hit by this.

For most of my life I’ve let drama, significant losses of people in my life, and various crises (and there have been many) roll off my shoulders with an attitude like, “Eh, I survived this much; it’ll be me and the cockroaches in the end.” This is a tough one, though.

Same here. I went through an experience, which made me turn my back to the world and it’s problems. I’m usually giving society the finger, but now seeing them beginning to live the consequences of their actions is moving. I wasnt born cold and unforgiving, but the government turned me into a a pissed off mother fucker. This virus is like a cleanse or a master reset. We’ll see how it ends, and who we are if and when it does.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

This is the only way I have been able to cope without using drugs, alcohol and sex as a crutch.

Thanks bro. I do believe that you advice is sound… and as you mentioned, worthy to follow, regardless of your faith. I still have plenty of sex and alcohol, but when I run out, I’ll definitely be doing what you said.

... Al Capone

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Welp, MA just canceled the rest of the school year.

I was expecting it and it’s the right decision. But yeah, this is just the way we live now I guess.

Wifey is taking it kinda hard. She canceled afternoon homeschool and let their kids break out their tablets early. 8 started a Minecraft world. Ice cream for dinner. Cats, dogs living together. Mass hysteria.

It’s true; this man has no penis.

I’m very sad to hear how this change has so heavily impacted my family HERE. The fact is, other than band practice shut down, my life is no different. It’s very hard for me to empathize with others right now… I’ll work from 5am to 10pm today, tomorrow, and Friday, work in the yard all day sat and sun, and then do it all again next week. This is all I ever did anyway.

We really should all set up a skype session or something. I will gladly make time for everyone who could use some laughs.

... Al Capone

Spidey2112

Not seen it yet… Is it a spoof? I’m VERY big into kungfu comedy. Black Dynamite and Shaolin Soccer are my faves.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m so sick of beards.

You just totally dissed Andy. Lol… in Jersey they told everyone to shave their beards… And it was a highpoint for me… watching all of the hipsters be disarmed, and left looking like the bald children that they are.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m gonna grow a beard.

Don’t do it bro. I did and it was a mistake. I’m one of those that can’t really grow one, so I never have. Due to the unexpected pandemic season this year, I decided to let it go for the longest I have in my life – about 5 weeks. As you can see, it didn’t turn out well:

lol.

... Al Capone

Viewing 20 posts - 42,061 through 42,080 (of 53,635 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.