Menu Close

The COFFEE Announcment Thread

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The COFFEE Announcment Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    NSYMCE
    Participant

Grinder arrived today.  Low End Blend tomorrow.  😀

OK, just after 5:00 AM and time to grind some Low End Blend and brew it in old Mr Coffee.  Kinda wish I had a more dignified brewer for this (probably pick up a Melitta today) higher end stuff but it is what I have and therefore it must do.

First cuppa; Only brewed four cups for starters and it will pick up a little strength as it sits and warms.  No additives just black coffee.  Lighter than I expected so heavier on the beans for my next shot.  Very smooth.  No bitterness at all but not getting the full flavor of it yet so I do need to kick up the beanage for the next four cups.  Experimenting for now ’til I nail it.

Will have more to say after I get it right which may take two or three more shots upping the strength each time.  Once I get a formula for four cups I can easily double or triple it for a bigger yield.  Don’t want to do more than four for starters though. If anyone wants to chime in with advice feel free.  I’m just wingin’ it here so far trying to figure it all out.

For espresso (lattes) I generally use single shots (one or two a day), with LEB I immediately saw that I needed to do doubles and go to a very fine grind. Loved the easy buzz once I did that and drank it all up quite quickly. One of the vendors my wife knows does a very similar blend and I’m used to that mode and just enjoy it for what it is. I do not like dark oily industrial strength beans for espresso, especially in my particular home machine. LEB definitely ain’t that! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did once I sussed how to make it work for me.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

I should probably make some in the Mr. Coffee we bought when my sister-in-law was house sitting for us. That way I could give better advice for the non-snob drinkers 🤣.

That would be me.  LOL

Made pot #2.  Upped it to six cups because four is kinda tough to balance anyway.  Doubled the beanage.

Now it’s a little too strong straight black with just a hint of bitterness so for me I overshot the mark. Not by much though.  But toss a little Italian Sweet Cream in to cut the strength and bitterness and it works quite well.

Now that I have the beanage bracketed pot # 3 should come out about right.  But I gotta admit I don’t think poor Mr Coffee is up to doing justice to fresh roasted whole bean coffee.  That’s why I wanna try a Melitta.

Another thing I wanna try is taking some up to my daughters where they have a legit quality coffee maker kinda like this’n.

Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker, 14 Cup Progammable with Glass Carafe, Stainless Steel

Only then will I be able to give my thoughts on this blend.  The thing is Jeff.  I truly am not a coffee snob so my tastes may be so far off from the others I may just end up as an outlier anyway.  But…..the experiment continues.

Surely one day my epitaph will read; "Don't mind him. He's just the bassist".

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

I should probably make some in the Mr. Coffee we bought when my sister-in-law was house sitting for us. That way I could give better advice for the non-snob drinkers 🤣.

That would be me.  LOL

Made pot #2.  Upped it to six cups because four is kinda tough to balance anyway.  Doubled the beanage.

Now it’s a little too strong straight black with just a hint of bitterness so for me I overshot the mark. Not by much though.  But toss a little Italian Sweet Cream in to cut the strength and bitterness and it works quite well.

Now that I have the beanage bracketed pot # 3 should come out about right.  But I gotta admit I don’t think poor Mr Coffee is up to doing justice to fresh roasted whole bean coffee.  That’s why I wanna try a Melitta.

Another thing I wanna try is taking some up to my daughters where they have a legit quality coffee maker kinda like this’n.

Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker, 14 Cup Progammable with Glass Carafe, Stainless Steel

Only then will I be able to give my thoughts on this blend.  The thing is Jeff.  I truly am not a coffee snob so my tastes may be so far off from the others I may just end up as an outlier anyway.  But…..the experiment continues.

No worries, breaux. Every lower end drip maker I’ve used seems to have their own sweet spot. Takes a little of just what you’re doing to get them dialed in.

JP

A morning poem:
    Coffee, coffee, coffee. Everyone shut up. Coffee.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

No worries, breaux. Every lower end drip maker I’ve used seems to have their own sweet spot. Takes a little of just what you’re doing to get them dialed in.

LEB Pot #3 will be tended to shortly.  I did a little blending with the ‘ol standby donut shop blend yesterday to see how that worked and there’s still another cup or two of that to finish.  Then it back to black and working out the right beanage.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Jim C
    Participant

FINALLY had my first cup of LEB.  GF and I both really like it.    Great work Jeff.   Thanks to all involved.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Last three bags of LEB will be going out tomorrow. I did order more beans for one small batch. Unless my vendor gets more of the Brazilian beans in stock, this will probably be the last of the LEB for the season.

I’m working on something for another blend at this time. Details to follow.

JP

A morning poem:

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Last three bags of LEB will be going out tomorrow. I did order more beans for one small batch. Unless my vendor gets more of the Brazilian beans in stock, this will probably be the last of the LEB for the season.

Black Pepper Teriyaki. You’re a fool if you don’t try it at the local Quick Mart… And don’t get your peanut butter in my chocolate.

First, whack the driver, then off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    gbrooding
    Participant

This might be the perfect shipping bag for the LEB…  LEB in a Scroti Bag…

12189991_10153701620748630_4789592699402426435_n-800x799-1

A man's got to know his limitations....

soulman
    Participant

Black Pepper Teriyaki. You’re a fool if you don’t try it at the local Quick Mart… And don’t get your peanut butter in my chocolate.

You know somesing.  You crazy fellow……

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

LEB in a Scroti Bag…

HORK

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

This might be the perfect shipping bag for the LEB… LEB in a Scroti Bag…

Ha! Bonin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of the sudden my hairy ass picks are looking pretty good!

First, whack the driver, then off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Mktrat
    Keymaster

All of the sudden my hairy ass picks are looking pretty good!

Still No GIFs | Tenor

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Still No GIFs | Tenor

Judging by the number of likes on your posts, I can see that once again my idea has been overruled. YOU’LL ALL CHANGE YOUR TUNE WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE RUNNING AROUND WITH SCROTI PACKS ON!

... Al Capone

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Still No GIFs | Tenor

Judging by the number of likes on your posts, I can see that once again my idea has been overruled. YOU’LL ALL CHANGE YOUR TUNE WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE RUNNING AROUND WITH SCROTI PACKS ON!

Paul Rudd No GIF by Anchorman Movie - Find & Share on GIPHY

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Still No GIFs | Tenor

You know what, you’re right. I’m sure it wouldn’t be the first time that a few of you guys had ball sacks on your back.

... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    gbrooding
    Participant

Still No GIFs | Tenor

You know what, you’re right. I’m sure it wouldn’t be the first time that a few of you guys had ball sacks on your back.

tea_bag460

A man's got to know his limitations....

6 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

when the bois talkin bout tea baggin but you only drink loose leaf

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

To once again bring this thread back on topic…

LEB should be delivered on or near this Thursday to Laura, JimC and Boner.

I do have some more beans coming for one more small batch. Looks like my vendor is nearly out of the Brazilian bean at this time.

JP

A morning poem:

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

and Boner

In Memorium Nostalgia Corner: Andrew Koenig | Jumped The Snark

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Brazilian

Being honest…..coffee wasn’t my first thought.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,009 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.