Menu Close

The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    LBS-bass
    Participant

When this is all behind us, if that day ever comes, psychologists are going to have a field day trying to figure out what motivated so many people to act the way they do.

As for me?  I’ve come to terms with the idea that I’ll be spending most of my days at home for a long, long time.  There’s too much crazy out there, and I’d rather be here.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

When this is all behind us, if that day ever comes, psychologists are going to have a field day trying to figure out what motivated so many people to act the way they do.

Money.  The only shocking part will be how little they sold us out for.

As for me?  I’ve come to terms with the idea that I’ll be spending most of my days at home for a long, long time.  There’s too much crazy out there, and I’d rather be here.

Us, too.  We just submitted a rental application for a bigger place.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Imaging using racism to distract from your treason.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

It blows my mind.  Nothing should shock me at this point, and I’d better just stop there or else my blood will get boiling again.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

I tried to save this in my Imgur favorites, but it didn’t quite work.  So,  I wanted to post it here to save it for my own future reference.

Couple of interesting points:  We’re seeing #2 happen with the politicization of facemasks, as well as those turrible red ball caps.  #10’s been bandied about, and has been used to not remove an impeached President.  #7 was on Trump’s campaign site in 2016, detailing a plan to deport Latinx migrants and replace them as farm labor with “urban” (read: black) youth.  #6 is the One America News Network.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

I’d say we’re solidly up to #6.

metron

Hard to imagine. Or is it?

Imagine what it takes mentally to be someone who espouses all that but also sleeps comfortably at night.

Andyman001
    Participant

Drain the swamp.

Think about this: The same skills it takes to get elected will make you a good used car salesman

Playing bass for 35 years, taking time out for meals, of course

3 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

IMG-20200706-WA0021

LBS-bass
    Participant

Drain the swamp.

Think about this: The same skills it takes to get elected will make you a good used car salesman

I used to think people who would be suckered into a used car speech were in the minority.  Then the last four years happened.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Made in America: Elizabeth Warren campaign coffee mugs and other merchandise; coffee mugs from the Satanic Temple (unrelated).

Made in China: MAGA Hats for the Drumpf campaign.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

Cloudflare went down last week, taking with it major internet communication vectors such as Twitch, Discord, several Google apps, and several Amazon apps.

Garmin GPS is down this week, taking with it domestic/civvy navigation (in the form of “innocuous” health and fitness apps).

Meanwhile, DC is sending federal troops to major metropolitan centers around the country.

Are we being hacked by foreigners, or are we being primed for some kind of major civil uprising?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ituobrey
    Participant

Are we being hacked by foreigners, or are we being primed for some kind of major civil uprising?

Yes

"Calmly, Powdered Toast Man...ASSESSES THE SITUATION!" -Gary Owens

4 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

I noticed Garmin this morning.  I couldn’t get my bike ride to upload or sync to my phone.  Weird.  But proper GPS is up since I was able to record with MyTracks, which I sometimes use as a backup when riding new places so I can navigate out if I get lost.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>China has its own GPS network now though, so….. yeah.</p>

LBS-bass
    Participant

Cloudflare went down last week, taking with it major internet communication vectors such as Twitch, Discord, several Google apps, and several Amazon apps.

Garmin GPS is down this week, taking with it domestic/civvy navigation (in the form of “innocuous” health and fitness apps).

Meanwhile, DC is sending federal troops to major metropolitan centers around the country.

I’ll take “both” for $500, Alex.

LBS-bass
    Participant

I noticed Garmin this morning. I couldn’t get my bike ride to upload or sync to my phone. Weird. But proper GPS is up since I was able to record with MyTracks, which I sometimes use as a backup when riding new places so I can navigate out if I get lost.

I have had intermittent problems with navigation through Google Maps and Apple’s app lately.  I’m pretty sure Putin is just laughing his ex-KGB ass off right now.  The hearing yesterday made it very clear that Bill Barr is out to retaliate against anyone who spoke up against Russian meddling; they are “investigating” with an eye toward criminal charges, and that should have us all terrified.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/july-28-2020

fcleff69

and that should have us all terrified.

Yes, and it’s sad how a lot of Americans just take it hook, line, and sinker.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

LBS-bass
    Participant

and that should have us all terrified.

Yes, and it’s sad how a lot of Americans just take it hook, line, and sinker.

Too many people never learned how to think for themselves and do actual research, so they think “do your research!” means watch a quack YouTube video with a bunch of made up stuff.  The proliferation of misinformation and the willingness of ordinary Americans to believe it is incredibly depressing.

RAWNCHY R&R
    Participant

Too many people never learned how to think for themselves and do actual research, so they think “do your research!” means watch a quack YouTube video with a bunch of made up stuff.  The proliferation of misinformation and the willingness of ordinary Americans to believe it is incredibly depressing.

Kinda hard not to believe what you see when the production values are so high.  😉

A.K.A – The Magical Luchadore, The Fiddler on the Roof, The Salty Dog, Grits and Gravy...

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.

Skip to toolbar