Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 403 total)
  • Author
    fcleff69

Laughing so hard

Same.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Andyman001
    Participant

This is pretty funny

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

3 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Sleepy Joe!  He’s just resting!

fcleff69

For those of you who are happy with the outcome, I hope you get what you want. For those of you sad with the outcome, I hope you are okay. If the outcome flips in the coming days, I wish the same, just in different columns.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    RattFink
    Participant

Whoda thunk the hillbillies in Nevada would have the power in there hands at this point.

G&L Musical Instruments

Still4strings
    Participant

For those of you who are happy with the outcome, I hope you get what you want. For those of you sad with the outcome, I hope you are okay. If the outcome flips in the coming days, I wish the same, just in different columns.

I just want things to be better.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

LBS-bass
    Participant

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

Mktrat
    Keymaster

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Not exactly political, but this quote resonates with me right now. It’s from a book by Patrick Rothfuss.

20201101_222711

fcleff69

Not exactly political, but this quote resonates with me right now. It’s from a book by Patrick Rothfuss.

20201101_222711

Is that from The Name of the Wind or The Wise Man’s Fear? It’s been so long since I’ve read them.

Still4strings
    Participant

20201101_222711

Is that from The Name of the Wind or The Wise Man’s Fear? It’s been so long since I’ve read them.

The Wise Man’s Fear.

fcleff69

Such great books. I wonder if he’ll ever finish the third?

Still4strings
    Participant

According to his frustrated editor, he hasn’t written anything in years. Maybe someday…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

According to his frustrated editor, he hasn’t written anything in years. Maybe someday…

His editor said, “This article is right: authors don’t owe their readership books, but what about the publishers who paid them? Book publishing is not as lucrative as many other professions, and publishers rely on their strongest sellers to keep their companies (especially small companies like DAW) afloat. When authors don’t produce, it basically f***s their publishers…When I delayed the publication of book two, Pat was very open with his fans–they knew what was happening. I’ve never seen a word of book three.”

https://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2020/07/patrick-rothfusss-editor-confirms-she.html

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Opinions are opinions. Facts are facts.

That has always been my mantra, and I applied it to my TB persona, and then in turn here. When you can respect that notion, there really is nothing to argue about.

Even when you don’t agree with someone else, so long as they’re not mist-stating facts, then just it’s so simple to get along.

• The statement: I love hot dogs, which are made with toe nails. Would earn a surprised response from a listener.
    • The statement: Hot dogs made with toe nails are the best. Would earn an argument.

People simply seem unable to distinguish fact from opinion… and then social media allows them to sow their seeds. So if you’re popular enough, you can probably cram inaccurate information down half the planets throat. This was my issue on TB yesterday.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Interesting article. I’m afraid what may happen is, like in music sometimes, fans will drift on and forget. Fortunately (maybe?) in music people can cover your only material if it can stand the test of time (see: David Allen Coe). You can’t do a cover of a book.

LBS-bass
    Participant

Interesting article. I’m afraid what may happen is, like in music sometimes, fans will drift on and forget. Fortunately (maybe?) in music people can cover your only material if it can stand the test of time (see: David Allen Coe). You can’t do a cover of a book.

Creative people are not always able to create well on demand.  It’s part of why we get the sophomore album effect, where a band gets signed on the strength of the album’s worth of material they’ve been refining for five years, and are then expected to produce 12 songs of new material to be released six months later.  Surprise!  The new material sucks because they didn’t have five years to refine it.

I don’t really know much about how literature publishing works but I imagine waiting on an author to become inspired has to be frustrating.  As a songwriter I’ve been known to take a couple of decades to produce anything new, but then again, no one is ever waiting for anything I write, so it doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Creative people are not always able to create well on demand.

This is me. If anything in my day goes poorly, at all, I have no desire to play the bass. I have a fairly staunch ritual on the days that were performing; don’t check the mail, don’t answer the phone, dont talk to my dad, eat early, nap. Any piece of bad news and I’m sunk.

The same goes for welding and my metal art. I used to do very involved and lavish projects, especially for friends and during the holidays, and now it’s

Image tagged in walk away - Imgflip

... Al Capone

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 403 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.