Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    fcleff69

I’m not trying to stir any shit, I promise…

I’d love for someone to explain to me all the flags, signs, and banners for Trump.

My guess is that a fair amount of people support him and a fair amount of people are getting paid to support him.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

He targets the vocal fringe.  So it’s not a big group, but it’s loud.

Not to mention deadly.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

From what I’ve read, several polls have him either just behind or just ahead of Biden. I saw a report from JP Morgan telling investors to prepare for a second Trump term. Not sure what that means for us, though.

I did watch most of Biden’s recent speech. He’s not a good speaker. Not that I think Trump is. Biden seems a bit on the senile side to me. Like there could be something to some of the dementia rumors out there.

I just wish we had some better candidates.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Biden is definitely past his sell-by date, but he’s leagues better than President Man Woman Person Camera TV in that department.  I can’t listen to POTUS, but have you read the transcripts of his answers to softball questions from friendly interviewers?  He can neither stay on topic nor complete a sentence–there are more lies than periods.  Literally.

Also understand that Biden’s mental acuity, as Hillary’s health in the last election, is the subject of a coordinate disinformation campaign.  So just understand that Mini-Stroke Ramp Man is way, way worse, and you can disregard the issue completely with respect to Biden.

LBS-bass
    Participant

Biden is definitely past his sell-by date, but he’s leagues better than President Man Woman Person Camera TV in that department. I can’t listen to POTUS, but have you read the transcripts of his answers to softball questions from friendly interviewers? He can neither stay on topic nor complete a sentence–there are more lies than periods. Literally.

Also understand that Biden’s mental acuity, as Hillary’s health in the last election, is the subject of a coordinate disinformation campaign. So just understand that Mini-Stroke Ramp Man is way, way worse, and you can disregard the issue completely with respect to Biden.

I’ve seen Biden speak extemporaneously on various interview shows over the past few months. There’s nothing wrong with him.  He has always been prone to the occasional gaffe (as are many), but he thinks clearly and competently, and he speaks his mind well enough.

It’s very easy to edit video to make anyone appear to be incompetent.  I’ve heard others complain about his “senility” and I know that’s the sort of footage they’ve seen.  It’s unfortunate that our world is full of dirty tricks nowadays, and it’s even more unfortunate that we are not all interested enough to look beyond them.  If you’re just watching certain channels you’ll never see him speaking live and off the cuff, because they don’t interview him live.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

Knuckleduster
    Participant

I’m not trying to stir any shit, I promise…

I’d love for someone to explain to me all the flags, signs, and banners for Trump.

My guess is that a fair amount of people support him and a fair amount of people are getting paid to support him.

I can only speak to my local area (because I haven’t travelled far and wide), but there’s this dichotomy:  Democratic supporters have signs up for senators and representatives, coupled with BLM, LGBTQ+, or immigrant supporting signs.  Republican supporters have signs for senators and representatives, bookended by Trump signs.  One guy made a “fence” out of Trump signs along the road in front of his house.  Several properties have multiple signs, with Trump signs between them.  One horse farm has a Trump flag on every single fencepost along the perimeter of their land.  Hell, I mentioned senator and representative signs – one candidate is running as “NEWTON – PRO TRUMP.”

I know Obama had the Shepard Fairey pop-art logo, and all kinds of derivatives and spoofs of that, but I just don’t understand the grandstanding and the “brand” of Trump.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

There’s a house in my area with a sign that says “Trump 2020 – Fuck your feelings”. Nice.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Keymaster

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

5 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

NO ONE IS GOING TO GIVE YOU THE EDUCATION YOU NEED TO OVERTHROW THEM –  Peace For Earth Peace For Ourselves

Still4strings
    Participant

Words of true wisdom from the Peanut gallery.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

uOHbawL

ituobrey
    Participant

uOHbawL<noscript>uOHbawL</noscript>

Asked and answered counselor. Move to another line of questioning such as “How come I haven’t won a Darwin Award yet?”

"Calmly, Powdered Toast Man...ASSESSES THE SITUATION!" -Gary Owens

LBS-bass
    Participant

How come I haven’t won a Darwin Award yet?”

Hahaha!

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

ituobrey
    Participant

How come I haven’t won a Darwin Award yet?”

Hahaha!

Although if you can ask, there’s your answer 🤣😂🤣😂😛

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Yup.  Best that can be hoped for is an honorable mention.

ituobrey
    Participant

Yup.  Best that can be hoped for is an honorable mention.

FTN! Who wants a participation trophy?! Us ‘Mericans WIN!!!

dedpool1052

“How come I haven’t won a Darwin Award yet?”

“Because you’ve yet to play in traffic, like I’d asked.”

Sitting here like uninvited company.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NAM
    Participant

I had the pleasure of viewing the Merikans.. or Trumptards .. I have a shitload more names.. Anywho. I had the pleasure of viewing the Trump-tilla of boats yesterday.  They were on both bridges lining the sidewalks and they had small kids 12 and under. I think kids should be able to see how politics work, but don’t let your kids stand in a potentially hazardous place.  These kids and adults were stepping off the sidewalk area causing traffic.  My fear was a kid being hit by a passing car. But the biggest thing was the boats blocking the pass-through for traveling under the bridges  For those who do not live where Amy and I grew up. We have 2 bridges- 1 heads to to the beach and 1 bridge from the beach.

ANY FUNCTIONING ADULTS FOR PRESIDENT 2020

I have come to kick ass

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant

Yup. Best that can be hoped for is an honorable mention.

FTN! Who wants a participation trophy?! Us ‘Mericans WIN!!!

Total tangent, but I was playing golf with my uncles earlier in the spring, and they began their requisite bitching about participation trophies and the like.  I had to “gently” remind them that I’d played hockey under both of them, and had in fact, received from them the very same participation trophies that they were bitching about.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

I had the pleasure of viewing the Trump-tilla of boats yesterday.

FkvF9ar

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.