Menu Close

The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Asylum : A safe haven for tinfoil mad-hatters and politic’n

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    dedpool1052

Here it is, the dedicated politics thread.

Why? A little history first….

Back in the days of v1.0 on TB, the exclusion of politics was a requirement, due to TB rules.

Once our virtual hang-out came to a screeching halt, plans were hatched by our virtual All-Mother, Amy.

In the beginnings, discussions were held on the general rules of what this place would be. The exclusion of politics was agreed upon, as it can be an incredibly contentious and divisive topic.

So, our new home was built, and we began to play. However, posts began to appear sporadically, that were either politically charged, had a political undertone, or were just outright in-your-face.

Not ones to rule with an iron fist, these posts were allowed to slide. With the rule so loosely enforced, or not at all, it began to draw ire from other members, causing some to argue, and sometimes leave for extended periods.

Now, here we are, the “I can’t see it from my house” is gone. It’s now in our front yards, shitting on your Sunday paper, and wiping it’s ass with your welcome mat.

The prevalence of politics in this time is unavoidable.

This thread is meant to mitigate a few things.

One, to keep the other threads focused.

And two, to allow the discussion of such, without the unintended collateral of alienating other members who do not wish to discuss such things.

Remember to be kind, be respectful, and don’t make me have to hand out party favours 😁

Sitting here like uninvited company.
    Some posts may be unofficially sponsored by Wild Turkey 101.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Here it is, the dedicated politics thread.

Why? A little history first….

Back in the days of v1.0 on TB, the exclusion of politics was a requirement, due to TB rules.

Once our virtual hang-out came to a screeching halt, plans were hatched by our virtual All-Mother, Amy.

In the beginnings, discussions were held on the general rules of what this place would be. The exclusion of politics was agreed upon, as it can be an incredibly contentious and divisive topic.

So, our new home was built, and we began to play. However, posts began to appear sporadically, that were either politically charged, had a political undertone, or were just outright in-your-face.

Not ones to rule with an iron fist, these posts were allowed to slide. With the rule so loosely enforced, or not at all, it began to draw ire from other members, causing some to argue, and sometimes leave for extended periods.

Now, here we are, the “I can’t see it from my house” is gone. It’s now in our front yards, shitting on your Sunday paper, and wiping it’s ass with your welcome mat.

The prevalence of politics in this time is unavoidable.

This thread is meant to mitigate a few things.

And two, to allow the discussion of such, without the unintended collateral of alienating other members who do not wish to discuss such things.

Remember to be kind, be respectful, and don’t make me have to hand out party favours 😁

Nice job! Thanks Pool! Have fun!

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Trump was sent to us by god, and by divine right should hold the presidency until he dies, at which point his family members should succeed him, in turn, by birthright.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Good luck, ‘moderator’.
    xxx,

Stewart a Thweatd

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Lol! Excellent.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Still4strings
    Participant

Trump is by far the stupidest and most destructive president in the history of the U.S.

Short of wartime presidents, I’m betting he’s the deadliest as well.

And he’s got terrible hair. I’m guessing his breath is awful. I’ve read that he has a small penis. I’m guessing his IQ hovers at average room temperature.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Trump was sent to us by god, and by divine right should hold the presidency until he dies, at which point his family members should succeed him, in turn, by birthright.

I couldn’t agree more. Plus, when you think about it, we’ve had like a bajillion white presidents, and a black one, so it’s really cool that they’re starting to offer more colors. Orange is my favorite color, so I’m happy to have an orange president

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Mktrat
    Keymaster

I’m guessing his IQ hovers at average room temperature.

Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Trump is by far the stupidest and most destructive president in the history of the U.S.

And he’s got terrible hair. I’m guessing his breath is awful. I’ve read that he has a small penis. I’m guessing his IQ hovers at average room temperature.

It’s very unfortunate that redneck america will re-elect him.

... Al Capone

Mktrat
    Keymaster

THANKS POOL!!!!

Also, good phuc’n luck with this.

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

RattFink
    Participant

So you agree he is getting re-elected then?

G&L Musical Instruments

fcleff69

Politicians often run on a platform of Christian morality. It’s basically what you have to do. So in the realm of presidents going back to, say, JFK, they have all somehow managed to outrightly state they are Christian men who practice the ways of Jesus. They have claimed to be morally faithful, maritally faithful, they help the poor, are fiscally conservative, blah blah blah. Some have been caught in outright lies in the morals (Kennedy affairs, Clinton affairs, Trump [he outright brags about it]). Others, well, the speculation is there and probably well founded. But since JFK there has been only one (possibly two) president who has truly exemplified Christian values. That person is President Jimmy Carter.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

i THINK SO TOO!

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I naturally assumed that Soulman would be posting in here right away… By the end of page one, still no Soulman… I’m wondering… Man… Where is he? Then it dawned on me… Pft… He’s still writing.

... Al Capone

6 users thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more. Plus, when you think about it, we’ve had like a bajillion white presidents, and a black one, so it’s really cool that they’re starting to offer more colors. Orange is my favorite color, so I’m happy to have an orange president

Sunkist will be happy to ship you an entire case of them and every single one will more valuable in a crisis than the one we have even after you run ’em through a juicer.

Now……show me where ya’ keep the sound proof rooms with the padded walls so I won’t have to ask again next time I need one.  You did make allowances for those didn’t you?

“…If we stop breathing, we’ll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.”

RattFink
    Participant

i THINK SO TOO!

unfortunately, the DNC has again decided they would not tolerate Bernie Sanders and pushed Joe Biden forward.  I know many progressives an none of them a backing Biden.  I’m not looking forward to the continued “outrage culture” and other none since  developed around Trump

G&L Musical Instruments

soulman
    Participant

When discussing politics, many have “unswayable” beliefs and they will fight them to the grave. It escalates into a heated battle, and then friends are no longer friends.

If an expectancy of honesty and even minimal amounts of competence and common sense from our leaders constitutes an “unswayable belief” then yeah, I will phuc’n eh take that to my grave.  To expect less is to as good as insuring we will always get it.

As for partisanship, I don’t much care.  I grew up in a city and state with one of the most corrupt bunch of Democrats on the planet and I’ve also watched the GOP send crooks, village idiots, and con men to the WH so I’m well qualified from birth to dislike both.

I’m not a partisan and never have been.  I’ve voted on both sides of that fence many times. All I care about is putting people in office who care enough about their responsibilities to us all that they will take their role seriously and with integrity work for the betterment of all.

We don’t have that now so once again “We the People” need to take responsibility and fix it.

What disturbs me most are those who whine about shit but don’t ever want to talk about the reasons behind their misery which is very often tied to that same politics they seem to abhor.  They choose to remain politically ignorant and to involved in everything else that has far less impact on their lives and happiness.  Then they go right ahead and keep voting against their own interest and well being each and every time we have an election.

Why?  Is it because they’d rather leave those bastards in office so they’ll have someone to complain about and say all politicians are crooks?  Is that their honor bound tradition?  It sure as hell seems like it and as badly as some have been fucked over they still bend over more than willing to believe in lies than facts and take it up the ass again.

So maybe just maybe we should all being paying more attention to matters that have a very serious impact on our lives and that of our kids and grand kids.  Until they get to vote on their own futures we owe it to them to take proper care of our own responsibilities on their behalf.  Maybe I am nuts but this sure as hell makes more sense to me than “what color should I paint my bass” being subbed for who in hell can get us out of this phuc’n mess.

Now, if you’ll all excuse me I also have a morning sky full of puffy white clouds to yell at.

“…If we stop breathing, we’ll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.”

Andyman001
    Participant

Then it dawned on me… Pft… He’s still writing.

Seriously, I LOL’d at that one!

Playing bass for 35 years, taking time out for meals, of course

soulman
    Participant

1 user thanked author for this post.
    soulman
    Participant

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.

Skip to toolbar