Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

So…Coffee.

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum So…Coffee.

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

Might try tequila next.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

4 users thanked author for this post.
    dedpool1052

Starbucks definitely launched the specialty coffee industry. I can tolerate their offerings if it’s my only option. I’d much rather patronize a local micro roaster coffee shop. I’d love to own my own shop. Roast my own beans. Have a smallish stage with back line for bands to come in and jam. There’s a place kinda like my image about an hour and fifteen minutes North of my town. They don’t roast their own coffee, but they have a nice little stage with back line and lights. It would be a cool little spot if their coffee was better. I hope they’re surviving Covid.

I would order beans from you, good sir, should you open yer own place.

Sitting here like uninvited company.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

The Jamison infused beans were not good.

That’s too bad. What happened? It sounds like it oughta be a good combination of flavors.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

That’s too bad. What happened? It sounds like it oughta be a good combination of flavors.

I thought so, too. Not sure if I let them infuse too long or roasted them wrong.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

I’d love to own my own shop. Roast my own beans. Have a smallish stage with back line for bands to come in and jam.

I would do this with you.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

I thought so, too. Not sure if I let them infuse too long or roasted them wrong.

Just spitballin’ ideas here:  I did a little experiment for my blog where I soaked habanero peppers in a couple of different types of alcohol to see if they’d break down the heat without sacrificing flavor (abstract:  Tequila worked the best, vodka was second best).  This happens because the alcohol extracts the hot capscaicin oils from the pepper…so, the milder the pepper became, the hotter the alcohol became.

All of the flavors in coffee come from oils.

Is it possible that that booze does the same thing to coffee beans as it does to hot peppers and just sucks the oil right out of ’em?

fcleff69

Is it possible that that booze does the same thing to coffee beans as it does to hot peppers and just sucks the oil right out of ’em?

This is an excellent question and one that merits cogitation.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Just spitballin’ ideas here: I did a little experiment for my blog where I soaked habanero peppers in a couple of different types of alcohol to see if they’d break down the heat without sacrificing flavor (abstract: Tequila worked the best, vodka was second best). This happens because the alcohol extracts the hot capscaicin oils from the pepper…so, the milder the pepper became, the hotter the alcohol became.

Hum, something to think about.

JP

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Actually, that’s not totally true. Some of the flavors are derived from internal sugars in the beans as they are caramelized by the heat.

JP

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

I’d love to own my own shop. Roast my own beans. Have a smallish stage with back line for bands to come in and jam.

I would do this with you.

Another statement worthy of cogitation.

JP

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Bummer.

fcleff69

Another statement worthy of cogitation.

Indeed.

NSYMCE
    Participant

Just spitballin’ ideas here:  I did a little experiment for my blog where I soaked habanero peppers in a couple of different types of alcohol to see if they’d break down the heat without sacrificing flavor (abstract:  Tequila worked the best, vodka was second best).  This happens because the alcohol extracts the hot capscaicin oils from the pepper…so, the milder the pepper became, the hotter the alcohol became.

If you haven’t already, try rum. I’ve had the best results with Cockspur (it used to be a bro deal here when the US distributor was local) but any decent amber rum works well with Habs. Note that my game is to use the hot booze for cooking jerk sauces, not eating the leftover peppers. Tequila works well too, but rum is the thing for jerk.

Knuckleduster
    Participant

Just spitballin’ ideas here: I did a little experiment for my blog where I soaked habanero peppers in a couple of different types of alcohol to see if they’d break down the heat without sacrificing flavor (abstract: Tequila worked the best, vodka was second best). This happens because the alcohol extracts the hot capscaicin oils from the pepper…so, the milder the pepper became, the hotter the alcohol became.

If you haven’t already, try rum. I’ve had the best results with Cockspur (it used to be a bro deal here when the US distributor was local) but any decent amber rum works well with Habs. Note that my game is to use the hot booze for cooking jerk sauces, not eating the leftover peppers. Tequila works well too, but rum is the thing for jerk.

Lab report here: https://tulipcitydispatch.blogspot.com/2020/09/reducing-perceived-heat-in-habanero.html

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Any of you looking for a serious brew, which will also further benefit the music, and more importantly, PUNK! culture of the world, check it out!

https://www.catfightcoffee.com/

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

RattFink
    Participant

<noscript></noscript>

Someone you know, or you just like the add?

G&L Musical Instruments

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.