Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

I’m Stewart a Thweatd

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum I’m Stewart a Thweatd

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    LBS-bass
    Participant

So now back to what this thread is all about, say goodbye to my little friend:

wine

This was the last soldier standing and he’s gone today.  From here until I decree it otherwise, it will be less calorie laden vodak in relatively small amounts.  I will miss my wine, but I love it like Kool Aid, and that is not a healthy attachment.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a signature?

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

I’ve enjoyed a good bottle of Bogle from time to time.

If you haven’t tried Chopin vodak, I highly recommend it. I’m sure there are plenty of other good ones that our resident experts will tell you about. 🙂 Or maybe you already know!

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

2 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

If you haven’t tried Chopin vodak, I highly recommend it. I’m sure there are plenty of other good ones that our resident experts will tell you about. 🙂 Or maybe you already know!

Chopin was my go-to for many years.  I’m all about the potatoes. Love a nice Luksosowa, too.  Chopin is not cheap, though!

LBS-bass
    Participant

Bogle is always decent for the price. I’ve gotten some badly aged wines under a lot of labels and I’m not sure why but I can almost always count on a Bogle to at least be drinkable for cheap.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

If you haven’t tried Chopin vodak, I highly recommend it. I’m sure there are plenty of other good ones that our resident experts will tell you about. 🙂<noscript>🙂</noscript>Or maybe you already know!

Chopin was my go-to for many years. I’m all about the potatoes. Love a nice Luksosowa, too. Chopin is not cheap, though!

No kidding! It’s a rare and special treat for me. I’ll have to check out the Luksosowa.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Knuckleduster
    Participant

If you haven’t tried Chopin vodak, I highly recommend it. I’m sure there are plenty of other good ones that our resident experts will tell you about. 🙂<noscript>🙂<noscript>🙂</noscript></noscript>Or maybe you already know!

Chopin was my go-to for many years. I’m all about the potatoes. Love a nice Luksosowa, too. Chopin is not cheap, though!

No kidding! It’s a rare and special treat for me. I’ll have to check out the Luksosowa.

Luksosowa is a personal fave of mine – it sells for between $12 and $14 around here, and is one of the only pure potato vodkas on the market.  I bought the Platinum for an experiment I did (along with Monte Alban tequila – another tremendous underdog) so as not to waste anything fancy on habanero extractions.

LBS-bass
    Participant

I think I spelled it wrong, it’s Luksusowa.  From Poland.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

If you haven’t tried Chopin vodak, I highly recommend it. I’m sure there are plenty of other good ones that our resident experts will tell you about. 🙂<noscript>🙂<noscript>🙂<noscript>🙂</noscript></noscript></noscript>Or maybe you already know!

Luksosowa is a personal fave of mine – it sells for between $12 and $14 around here, and is one of the only pure potato vodkas on the market. I bought the Platinum for an experiment I did (along with Monte Alban tequila – another tremendous underdog) so as not to waste anything fancy on habanero extractions.

It’s so weird. Sometime in the last few decades potato vodak got a bad rap, whereas when I was young it was considered premium.  I still think it tastes cleaner than any grain.

dedpool1052

probably because these guys tolerate the fact that I’m an asshole.

Honestly, I think WE’RE all the assholes here.

You, and the other ladies of the forum, are the ones that tolerate US.

Sitting here like uninvited company.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    LBS-bass
    Participant

probably because these guys tolerate the fact that I’m an asshole.

Honestly, I think WE’RE all the assholes here.

You, and the other ladies of the forum, are the ones that tolerate US.

But only an asshole would point that out.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

I’ve already determined that I’m the low rent member of the forum. I can’t run with $10,000 bikes, custom shop instruments, boutique pedals and maple boards.

I’m just busting your balls. The way I see it, really, is that anyone who gets in before the big sellout is family. One day, this will be the back room.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

fcleff69

Chopin was my go-to for many years.  I’m all about the potatoes. Love a nice Luksosowa, too.  Chopin is not cheap, though!

Monopolowa is one of the better, affordable potato vodaks. It hails from Austria.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Andyman001
    Participant

If you haven’t tried Chopin vodak, I highly recommend it. I’m sure there are plenty of other good ones that our resident experts will tell you about. 🙂<noscript>🙂</noscript>Or maybe you already know!

I haven’t had a lot, but I like Blue Ice Potato Vodak (from Idaho)

Playing bass for 35 years, taking time out for meals, of course

Knuckleduster
    Participant

It’s so weird. Sometime in the last few decades potato vodak got a bad rap, whereas when I was young it was considered premium. I still think it tastes cleaner than any grain.

See, I like it because it has a little grit, a little chew to it without tasting like rubbing alcohol.  Something ultra high-end like Stoli Elit or Grey Goose just…tastes like burning because it has no flavor.  But, I think you nailed it on the head there:  High-end vodka (and vodka cocktails) became very prevalent in the 90’s, both through hip-hop music and through those weird Gen X’y cocktail bars with too much chrome and glass everywhere.

LBS-bass
    Participant

It’s so weird. Sometime in the last few decades potato vodak got a bad rap, whereas when I was young it was considered premium. I still think it tastes cleaner than any grain.

See, I like it because it has a little grit, a little chew to it without tasting like rubbing alcohol. Something ultra high-end like Stoli Elit or Grey Goose just…tastes like burning because it has no flavor. But, I think you nailed it on the head there: High-end vodka (and vodka cocktails) became very prevalent in the 90’s, both through hip-hop music and through those weird Gen X’y cocktail bars with too much chrome and glass everywhere.

Some of the grain stuff has a really musty aftertaste for me and I never get that from the potatoes.  The gazintillion distilled stuff not so much but, man, you shouldn’t have to distill it so many times to get rid of that when you can just use potatoes and go home.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

See, I like it because it has a little grit, a little chew to it without tasting like rubbing alcohol. Something ultra high-end like Stoli Elit or Grey Goose just…tastes like burning because it has no flavor. But, I think you nailed it on the head there: High-end vodka (and vodka cocktails) became very prevalent in the 90’s, both through hip-hop music and through those weird Gen X’y cocktail bars with too much chrome and glass everywhere.

Easy on the GenXers there young fella! We’ve created this utopia you’re living in…wait… never mind…carry on.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

Jeff Preston
    Participant

I’ve already determined that I’m the low rent member of the forum. I can’t run with $10,000 bikes, custom shop instruments, boutique pedals and maple boards.

I’m just busting your balls. The way I see it, really, is that anyone who gets in before the big sellout is family. One day, this will be the back room.

I know you are, but I’m still the new guy. I know my place.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

Knuckleduster
    Participant

Easy on the GenXers there young fella! We’ve created this utopia you’re living in…wait… never mind…carry on.

Dude, that’s no less ridiculous (in fact, I find it much cooler) than mustachioed Millennial hipsters drinking craft beer in a converted/repurposed old factory…and I am a (well, not mustachioed) Millennial hipster who drinks craft beer in repurposed old industrial buildings.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

This thweadt is making me thirsty.

I want a bar with Gen-X music and Millennial beer.

LBS-bass
    Participant

Monopolowa is one of the better, affordable potato vodaks. It hails from Austria.

Just looked it up to see the label so I could confirm that I knew that one.  Yep.  Haven’t had it in years, but maybe I’ll see if I can find some around here.  We’ve just been buying everything with our grocery deliveries lately, and the local store doesn’t have a great selection but there are other places I can try.

However, I’m off to bed, since I have a client visit in the morning.  Proud to say I kept the vodak to a minimum, and should wake up early and ready to tackle life.  Goodnight, everyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.