Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

Have you ever tried…?

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum Have you ever tried…?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

Seems like many of the questions about different products/services/etc that get raised in the main thread get lost in all of the sarcasm, solid burns and sexual innuendo expressed or implied of daily conversations. So, I thought it might be nice to have one thread where we could ask for advice or recommendations about products or services we might want to try not necessarily related to musical instruments.

I’ll start with this one. Any of you tried one of those Purple, Casper, etc mattresses that you order online? We need a new mattress and we’re thinking about one of those types.

If you’ve tried one or have one, please share your thoughts about them.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

We up-sized to a Casper king when our bed started having four people in it more often than not (settle down, guys, I’m talking about the kids).  Love it.  It seems to be slightly small for the frame, but not awkwardly so.  The quality is definitely there, and my wife and I both love it, even though traditionally she preferred a softer mattress and I a harder one.  And after several years, it shows no sign of sag or any other aging.  Hard to predict what someone else’s spine will enjoy, but I can say that the value and quality are there.  If our kids set fire to it or something we’d probably just replace it without shopping around.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Wow! I always assumed those things were selling based on novelty because I’d never heard of anyone using one. Good to know they’re legit- I might need a new mattress before long.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Still4strings
    Participant

Anyone ever tried a zero turn radius lawnmower vs. a traditional ride on mower? ZTRs move a lot faster, but my question is this- does that extra speed really save time cutting the grass? I’ve bitten off more than I would usually chew here in terms of the amount of ground I have to care for, and if there’s a meaningful time savings to go with a ZTR I might bite the bullet. I know turning is faster (obviously), but I don’t have many obstacles to go around. All I need is to cut the grass and bag it, and maybe pull a small trailer full of wood or soil now and then (less than 500 pounds, I’ll guess).

ZTR:

Zero Turn Mowers | Simplicity

Traditional ride-on mower:

Husqvarna YTH22V46 22-HP V-twin Hydrostatic 46-in Riding Lawn Mower with  Mulching Capability (Kit Sold Separately) in the Gas Riding Lawn Mowers  department at Lowes.com

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

Wow! I always assumed those things were selling based on novelty because I’d never heard of anyone using one. Good to know they’re legit- I might need a new mattress before long.

We weren’t scared off by the novelty because for one, I never cared for spring mattresses in the first place.  And two, because we had a long-running joke that our futon mattress was more comfortable than the spring mattress in our bed–both were about the same price.

fcleff69

So, I thought it might be nice to have one thread where we could ask for advice or recommendations about products or services we might want to try.

52FC1463-4309-44B2-AEF7-766522A5CCB3

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

So, I thought it might be nice to have one thread where we could ask for advice or recommendations about products or services we might want to try.

52FC1463-4309-44B2-AEF7-766522A5CCB3

What, you don’t like the idea???

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

So, I thought it might be nice to have one thread where we could ask for advice or recommendations about products or services we might want to try not necessarily related to musical instruments.

Does the Quickie Mart really deliver?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Seems like many of the questions about different products/services/etc that get raised in the main thread get lost in all of the sarcasm, solid burns and sexual innuendo expressed or implied of daily conversations.

What, you don’t like the idea???

No no. I just think the effort is so noble.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    ituobrey
    Participant

Read as “doomed to fail”.

Jeff Preston
    Participant

Right. All threads become the main thread. Well, I try.

JP

ituobrey
    Participant

Well, I try

Which is why there’s a seat at God’s right hand for you

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Anyone ever tried a zero turn radius lawnmower vs. a traditional ride on mower? ZTRs move a lot faster, but my question is this- does that extra speed really save time cutting the grass? I’ve bitten off more than I would usually chew here in terms of the amount of ground I have to care for, and if there’s a meaningful time savings to go with a ZTR I might bite the bullet. I know turning is faster (obviously), but I don’t have many obstacles to go around. All I need is to cut the grass and bag it, and maybe pull a small trailer full of wood or soil now and then (less than 500 pounds, I’ll guess).

ZTR:

Husqvarna YTH22V46 22-HP V-twin Hydrostatic 46-in Riding Lawn Mower with  Mulching Capability (Kit Sold Separately) in the Gas Riding Lawn Mowers  department at Lowes.com

Pagin Dr @dedpool1052

Dr @dedpool1052 to the white courtesy phone….

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Mktrat
    Keymaster

Right. All threads become the main thread.

This guy gets it!!

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m shopping for one myself, right now.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

ZTR:

I’ve ran both, professionally. ZT’s are unsurpassed for mowing, however, it’s not even remotely worth the added speed and maneuverability, if you factor in the cost. They’re usually about double the cost of a tractor…

And then, when you factor in the lost functionality, the tractor becomes the clear winner.

A ZT will really “only mow”, a tractor will:

• Mow
    • Till
    • Plow
    • Snow Plow
    • Snow Blow
    • Pull a dump cart
    • vacuum leaves
    • Blow leaves
    • Haul logs
    • Pull boat trailers

Etc.

I own both, but I live on the tractor

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Right. All threads become the main thread. Well, I try.

Don’t worry Jeff. I will help you out here. Just keep it rolling my friend.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

ZTR:

And for the record, how dd you not know to ask me about this? Who else do you know, that owns a backhoe and a front end loader?

... Al Capone

Shawn73
    Participant

Who else do you know, that owns a backhoe and a front end loader?

90945F38-9E55-4011-B944-7BA370B5CFFB

⚰️👻🎃

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Okay Jeff. Under the HOME tab, there is now an Info and Tech forum, so topics can be added, for individual stuff, such as mattresses and lawn mowers

... Al Capone

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.