Menu Close

G&L Quality Control Concerns

Home Forums G&L Guitar Club G&L Quality Control Concerns

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,089 total)
  • Author
    metron
    Participant

What a fucking joke that place is.

I’ve read G&L has the best bass QC around these days. Leo wanted it that way.

I think that QC has the best G&Ls around these days because he wanted it that way. 😉

Those ones are pretty good. All 4, 385 adjustable poles! Yes there is an extra inside one of the control cavities because Leo thought ahead.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

What a fucking joke that place is.

I’ve read G&L has the best bass QC around these days. Leo wanted it that way.

I think that QC has the best G&Ls around these days because he wanted it that way. 😉

Those ones are pretty good. All 4, 385 adjustable poles! Yes there is an extra inside one of the control cavities because Leo thought ahead.

Leo put a pole in my control cavity?

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

fcleff69

I think that QC has the best G&Ls around these days because he wanted it that way.

Wrong. Hef owns that title.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

fcleff69

G&L or TB?

Both.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Andyman001
    Participant

I think that QC has the best G&Ls around these days because he wanted it that way.

Wrong. Hef owns that title.

ooooooooooooo

Fight Fight Fight Fight

😀

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

Jim C
    Participant

What are the chances…

That a factory JB 2013 pickguard would fit my 2020 JB. You know, screw holes, fitment around PUPS, neck cut out, etc. The one fore sale on TB was on a factory bass and made by Chandler.

For that matter, what’s the chance that a G&L JP pickguard would fit a bass made on Tuesday to one made on Thursday?

Feel like this possible purchase is like playing with fire while holding a 5 gallon can of nitromethane….

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

For that matter, what’s the chance that a G&L JP pickguard would fit a bass made on Tuesday to one made on Thursday?

Your rapid understanding of G&L clockworks is remarkable. If you find a G&L that you love, we can make you whatever PG you like. Just don’t pull a soulman on me.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Dear G&L, I’m looking to buy my first G&L, so I’ve been reading the forums and I have a question:

When you break the cob off in my ass, will there be a little sticking out so that I can retrieve it, or will it require a hospital visit?

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Andyman001
    Participant

Dear G&L, I’m looking to buy my first G&L, so I’ve been reading the forums and I have a question:

When you break the cob off in my ass, will there be a little sticking out so that I can retrieve it, or will it require a hospital visit?

It depends on if its standard or custom shop.

😀

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

I think you know the answer. The cob is going in blunt end first so you can’t get a grip on the downstream end. Besides, they’re having the G&L Knob Installer insert it, so good luck getting the lump out of your esophagus.

bonin in the boneyard
    Participant

In my experience, the CS cob is a bit smoother, but they insert it a lot slower.

Still4strings
    Participant

In my experience, the CS cob is a bit smoother, but they insert it a lot slower.

I heard it’s “C” width.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Jim C
    Participant

Your rapid understanding of G&L clockworks is remarkable. If you find a G&L that you love, we can make you whatever PG you like. Just don’t pull a soulman on me.

You ever tried “engine turned” like the old hot rods?  Basically a round brush that I think must be mounted in a mill as I could never get an even finish with a hand drill.

I just remembered. I had an M size bottle of acetylene in the back seat and a 5 gallon plastic jug of gas in the trunk for the snow blower last week. What could go wrong?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

lol… I’ll have to put some serious thought into how I prefer it. Will there be drinks and foreplay?

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

You ever tried “engine turned” like the old hot rods? Basically a round brush that I think must be mounted in a mill as I could never get an even finish with a hand drill.

I just remembered. I had an M size bottle of acetylene in the back seat and a 5 gallon plastic jug of gas in the trunk for the snow blower last week. What could go wrong?

Yes, Ive done engine turned. It’s fairly easy to fake, by hand, just SUPER time consuming. You might be able to buy an .0625 aluminum blank, already turned, and then machine it into a PG. Of course, I would also be routing aluminum vs plastic, which would be another dynamic, but not necessarily harder/ worse.

In any event… I had one request, and that was that you not pull a soulman on me, but you couldn’t resist, could you?

https://www.mcnichols.com/designer-metals/designer-textured/stainless-steel-ss-r8150000?rbl=3252964731&cId=323

... Al Capone

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jim C
    Participant

You hipsters and your fancy words.   That’s not for a soul man.  Soul man uses leather and Jheri curl.

I’m a grease monkey that don’t slide so easy….

Spidey2112

Did we ever have a member with a username ‘Grease Monkey’?

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

Jim C
    Participant

Know the Grease Monkey quote?

Spidey2112

Know the Grease Monkey quote?

No, but if you hum a few bars, I’ll buy you a drink.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

In the latest Ruby news, Ron finally responded to my very pointed email regarding my build sheet. He sent me a file that showed the corrections, except the serial number had a few more digits added to it. Eagle Eye Hef spotted this and pointed it out. Ron then asked for the serial number AGAIN and I provided it. He then sent me a (GASP!!) correct build sheet. I approved it and he said he would drop it in the mail directly to me. Now the wait.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,089 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.