Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

G&L Quality Control Concerns

Home Forums G&L Musical Instrument Club G&L Quality Control Concerns

Viewing 4 posts - 1,021 through 1,024 (of 1,024 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m glad they reached out and said they would fix the issue.

Oh good. Now which elevator pass would you like to buy? The gold gets you anywhere in the whole chocolate factory.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

The saga continues:

As many of you know, there were a couple of mistakes on my SB-1 build sheet: they listed the fingerboard as rosewood instead of ebony; they listed white pearl inlay dots instead of no top dots.

My dealer either couldn’t get a reply from G&L about correcting the mistakes or they just didn’t try very hard.

Yesterday Quattrocordes recommended I post my complaint on their Instagram account. I did and they responded quickly, letting me know that they would fix it.

Today Ron Moreno called me and asked what needed to be fixed. I told him and sent him picture of the build sheet, headstock serial number, and the bass. He said he would correct it and get it in the mail to me.

The odd part was when he asked for the serial number so he could look up the bass. I told him, “CLF*****” and he asked for the rest of it. I said that was it and read it again. Then I checked the headstock and the build sheet. They matched. “Okay, that’s really odd. There should be two more numbers and it’s not coming up in our records.”

Anyhow, they are going with that number and are sending me a correct (hopefully) build sheet.

Such a disappointment. Really sorry to hear about the drama but maybe there’s light ahead.

OTOH, you saw that video of the shop where shit is stacked on top of other shit, loose paper kicking around, no real QC department and I don’t recall seeing a well thought out assembly area. The spray booth was probably the most impressive simply because there were some bodies hanging that looked great. If Fender had any brains, they would pay the painter $250K to stay home and not paint for G&L. And it’s not just me, right, You guys that have come from manufacturing, R&D, fabrication, etc. thought that video showed a poorly set up shop floor? I’ve always believed in an afterlife, but for Leo’s sake, I hope I’m wrong. Disgraceful

As I’ve said numerous times, the primary reason that I abandoned Fender is color option, yet here I am, back with them. In reality, I can take a Fender body to any body shop and get it painted for the same or less than a G&L, or I can do it myself

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

And the thing is, they really don’t have a huge product line. As far as US made 5 guitars and 5 basses. How did these chuckle heads get control the company? Must be nepotisin. At their current price structure and with good management they would be a manufacturer to be reckoned with as opposed to laughed at.

Then again maybe the salaries reflect the quality. Or BBE is looking for an active loss statement every month? And think if they actually had distribution.

They just dont care. Which really seems to be the standard. Gibson, Ibanez, and Rickenbacher are famous for not giving a fuck about customer service

... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Jim C
    Participant

They found a way to phuc up ink on paper. My God, when does it stop?

It stops when they go to sell themselves to some finance investment firm, and then when the buyer researches them, they find our website.

Would love to see the P&L statements for the last 3 years.   From Whicki

So the McCalren father and son team drive this boat and they gross about 1.768M.     Wonder what the profit is?     And I love some of their stuff and would love to see them turn this sinking ship around. They were given some great ideas and patents to work with.  For many, fabrication is the easy part. Design, proof of concept, and R&D are the huge hurdles.

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1,021 through 1,024 (of 1,024 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.