Menu Close

G&L Quality Control Concerns

Home Forums G&L Musical Instrument Club G&L Quality Control Concerns

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 963 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Only thing I would’ve liked better is for Memo to return emails a little faster.

I’m glad you have had an overall good experience. I never got an email returned. They communicated with my dealer, but just barely.

Since I bought my JB used, I had the benefit (?) of working directly with G&L (i.e. Memo). He really seems like a super dude. I just wonder if he isn’t overwhelmed with all of the work the repair team has at any given time.

At any rate, I’m totally grateful they fixed the neck for me. They didn’t have to do it at all.

Can’t wait to plug it in and see if they fixed the grounding😁.

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you Jeff. There isn’t a one of us, who doesn’t want G&L to knock the ball out of the park. It’s good to hear that you’re so optimistic for them. Also, glad to hear that you’re out of surgery and recuperating well. I didn’t see what the surgery was for, but I’m assuming it was for your small penis, so just take it easy and you’ll be back at the YMCA soon, and then they’ll see who has the last laugh.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

4 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

relatively at reduced stress levels.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MAN IM ABOUT TO GO POSTAL ALL UP IN THIS COVID INFECTED SHIT HOLE.

But I’m glad you popped in (TWSS) to see what was what. We’re still here, keeping the dream alive.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Try a full 1/4 turn.

But you need to make sure that it’s a “full” 1/4 turn. If you’re not careful, you could wind up with 1/8 or 3/16’s.

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

relatively at reduced stress levels.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MAN IM ABOUT TO GO POSTAL ALL UP IN THIS COVID INFECTED SHIT HOLE.

But I’m glad you popped in (TWSS) to see what was what. We’re still here, keeping the dream alive.

Covid has not affected my life in any way… well, if you don’t count the deaths.

... Al Capone

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

We have almost 20 positive cases here at work, with one person dead. The place is on lock down. All my staff (kitchen) is still negative and I am trying to keep it that way.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Today I ordered some stock strap buttons from G&L for my 1981 Wunkay. And I’ll be dipped in dog shit, they shipped today. Wish they could get my SB-1 happening that fast.

That’s because (according to the G&L Youtube video’s) shipping and receiving are handled by Alejandro Juan Carlos and Esmeralda Gonzalez, but QC is handled by Fred Petersen and Cindy Bradford.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

We have almost 20 positive cases here at work, with one person dead. The place is on lock down. All my staff (kitchen) is still negative and I am trying to keep it that way.

Wow. I thought NJ was the hotspot? Here, everyone is really just carrying on as usual. Biggest issue is that you can’t get any building products, and retail pricing is up 25%, but as I’ve mentioned… we sell three million dollar yachts, and we literally can’t build them fast enough. For the first time in history, we’re months behind schedule. Everyone want’s to be on the water and these people arent’ “feeling” the economy.

... Al Capone

Still4strings
    Participant

Armya!!! How are you???

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Still4strings
    Participant

However, by a strange twist of fate all of my beloved pets, died within hours of each other, in a very horrific accident.

What the hell!!! I’m so sorry. 🙁

gbrooding
    Participant

Armya, really sorry to hear about your pets.  That just sucks!

A man's got to know his limitations....

Still4strings
    Participant

I think I figured out the issues some of you guys are having with your G&Ls. It’s not a quality issue- you accidentally got CUSTOM SHOP models!!! You got upgraded and didn’t even know it. Basses can be ordered hand-aged, and for extra realism, stuck knobs, scratchy pots, and rattly bits are recreated so it feels just like a vintage bass.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-30-at-11.51.46-AM

Although, hmm. None of my 35+ year old G&Ls have these issues… And I’ve never seen wood turn from quartersawn to flatsawn with age…

I want G&L’s quality control to get better because someday I might want a MFD equipped Matador.

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Armya, really sorry to hear about your pets. That just sucks!

No one should have to go through it. Old age is one thing, but avoidable tragedies, leave deep scars. Many of us here have recently had to deal with it.

... Al Capone

Spidey2112

However, by a strange twist of fate all of my beloved pets, died within hours of each other, in a very horrific accident.

What the hell!!! I’m so sorry. 🙁

Same… I know how much you doted on them, as we do all our furry four legged little family members.  Sucks, man!

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

Spidey2112

You got upgraded and didn’t even know it. Basses can be ordered hand-aged, and for extra realism, stuck knobs, scratchy pots, and rattly bits are recreated so it feels just like a vintage bass.

Feels good, to be unscrewed.

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Jeff Preston
    Participant

I didn’t see what the surgery was for, but I’m assuming it was for your small penis, so just take it easy and you’ll be back at the YMCA soon, and then they’ll see who has the last laugh.

Apparently word gets around…🤦🏻‍♂️
    Torn meniscus actually.
    Good to see you have a few minutes to pop in and chat.
    Sorry about your pets. That really suck!

I sent you my number in a PM. Feel free to call/text if you need a shoulder to lean on.

JP
    G&L USA JB, FrankenJazzuar, Hartke 210 Combo, Darkglass B7K Ultra, Boss GT-1B, SansAmp Programmable BDDI, EBS Fuzzmo

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Armya!!! How are you???

Recovering. Nothing a lot of bourbon, Anthrax, and a trimmed biscuit won’t fix.

... Al Capone

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I didn’t see what the surgery was for, but I’m assuming it was for your small penis, so just take it easy and you’ll be back at the YMCA soon, and then they’ll see who has the last laugh.

Apparently word gets around…🤦🏻‍♂️

Torn meniscus actually.

Good to see you have a few minutes to pop in and chat.

Sorry about your pets. That really suck!

I sent you my number in a PM. Feel free to call/text if you need a shoulder to lean on.

Thank you my friend. As everyone else has mentioned, you’re truly one of us, already. I’m never happier than when I add to our ranks. I will getthe number and shoot you a text. Good luck with the meniscus. Been there, done that. Don’t be a fool like me, picking the soap up in the shower “is not” therapy for a torn meniscus. Pass, if someone prescribes it.

... Al Capone

metron

I just wonder if he isn’t overwhelmed with all of the work the repair team has at any given time.

Good to hear you had a good experience. Seems like it’s still possible with them anyway…

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Armya, really sorry to hear about your pets. That just sucks!

Super sorry that I missed your PM’s bro! Notifications on PM’s, have never worked for me here, so I finally gave up on them. Maybe that issue has been fixed?

In any event, I know that these are probably too late, but here are your replies:

• Sparkle basses are AWESOME!!! Only thing to note is that they can be heavy! Seems as though you’re loving yours? When you’re done with it, I’ll take it!
    • When trying to distinguish what the Hell to call me, “Amy” is perfectly acceptable. that’s a tricky one.
    • Yes. Don’t waste any more money on solid rubber tires. They’re coming out with inflatable ones next month.

... Al Capone

metron

And I’ve never seen wood turn from quartersawn to flatsawn with age

I guess it’s theoretically possible if it twists a bit more than 45 degrees.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 963 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.

Skip to toolbar