Menu Close

G&L Musical Instrument Club

Home Forums G&L Guitar Club G&L Musical Instrument Club

Viewing 20 posts - 9,221 through 9,240 (of 9,290 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Just bought this one. Body date of 11/19/81, neck date 3/24/82. Should arrive in about a week!pastedImagebase644

SUPER COOL! I have always loved the black hardware and it looks wicked cool with red!

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I’m pretty excited to get it. My other 2 are both hex head poles, and both have an ebony fretboard. This has the slot pole and maple board, so I’m interested to hear the difference!

I’m interested to hear, as well

First, whack the driver, then, off the passengers. I want everyone in the car whacked off.
    ... Al Capone

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

I’m pretty excited to get it. My other 2 are both hex head poles, and both have an ebony fretboard. This has the slot pole and maple board, so I’m interested to hear the difference!

I’m interested to hear, as well

I have hex poles and slot poles in two otherwise similar L2000s (ash bodies, rosewood boards, one from 1981 and one from 1982) and they sound about the same to me. The hexes might be a tad hotter. I’m betting the other differences will be more noticeable.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

Mktrat
    Keymaster

UPDATE:  SB2K

Talked to my luthier yesterday.  He is totally buried right now, but is going to try and expedite the job.

He’s only had it for like 10 months…..sheesh.

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Still4strings
    Participant

When G&Ls dream

20210113_094440

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

When G&Ls drop acid

20210113_093441

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

UPDATE: SB2K

Talked to my luthier yesterday. He is totally buried right now, but is going to try and expedite the job.

I’ve been getting much more aggressive with my cad work, lately. I typically just design furniture and flybridges, but now they needed a specialty part made and couldn’t find anyone to do it, so they asked me. I did it and sent it to a machinist in cali, and it worked perfectly. This really opens up avenues for me.

I could easily now design pick guards, bodies, necks, bridges, and pickup templates for existing bodies. I wouldn’t need to physically build any of it, because once I make the file, I can simply email it to a builder and then wait for the mail to arrive.

I’ve been swamped lately, but I’d like to make a kilo pup template for popular bodies.

... Al Capone

Mktrat
    Keymaster

I’ve been getting much more aggressive with my cad work, lately. I typically just design furniture and flybridges, but now they needed a specialty part made and couldn’t find anyone to do it, so they asked me. I did it and sent it to a machinist in cali, and it worked perfectly. This really opens up avenues for me.

Guess who is gets to make a pickguard when the luthier is done?

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be?
    And the answer is none. None more black. -Nigel Tufnel

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Wayne Newton?

... Al Capone

Andyman001
    Participant

Talked to my luthier yesterday. He is totally buried right now, but is going to try and expedite the job.

I could easily now design pick guards, bodies, necks, bridges, and pickup templates for existing bodies. I wouldn’t need to physically build any of it, because once I make the file, I can simply email it to a builder and then wait for the mail to arrive.

I’ve been swamped lately, but I’d like to make a kilo pup template for popular bodies.

Hmmmm, ya know what? We have a CNC machine at work…….

I need to learn how to use it.

🙂

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

🙂

Or suck on the guy who does! Either way, I can send you files!

... Al Capone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NSYMCE
    Participant

I can send you files!

Shouldn’t you wait ’till he’s locked up? Can I have a hacksaw in my birfday cake Bro?

fcleff69

Just bought this one. Body date of 11/19/81, neck date 3/24/82. Should arrive in about a week!pastedImagebase644

👍 That’s a nice one!

Lettuce know how it sounds!

That looks just like my 81 except for the black hardware. Good score!

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

fcleff69

i can do it.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    gbrooding
    Participant

👍 That’s a nice one!

Lettuce know how it sounds!

That looks just like my 81 except for the black hardware. Good score!

Just arrived, can’t wait to get it home and see how it feels/plays/sounds, etc.  It’s very clean, just a little bit of checking, but not much at all.

A man's got to know his limitations....

dedpool1052

The necks on those oldies are so comfortable.

Wide, somewhat shallow, with a rounded (7.5″ I think) radius.

Sitting here like uninvited company.

fcleff69

The necks on those oldies are so comfortable.

Wide, somewhat shallow, with a rounded (7.5″ I think) radius.

Can confirm.

gbrooding
    Participant

It’s awesome!! Very happy with it!!20210114_182320

A man's got to know his limitations....

Andyman001
    Participant

🙂

Or suck on the guy who does! Either way, I can send you files!

I think I’ll just ask first!

😛

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?”
    ― George Carlin

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Just arrived, can’t wait to get it home and see how it feels/plays/sounds, etc. It’s very clean

This is verbatim what I said when they shipped my penis home from the Navy

... Al Capone

Viewing 20 posts - 9,221 through 9,240 (of 9,290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.