Menu Close

G&L Musical Instrument Club

Home Forums G&L Musical Instrument Club G&L Musical Instrument Club

Viewing 20 posts - 7,941 through 7,960 (of 8,076 total)
  • Author
    Still4strings
    Participant

Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69</noscript></noscript></noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron</noscript></noscript></noscript>

You both look upset.

Both of those faces are saying “dood the MFDs they sound real good but then there’s the QC it’s like the company dun give a shit so should I order another or no?”

I get blamed for everything!!! 😉

Man, if this post keeps getting quoted it’s going to turn into a big wall of scary.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Still4strings
    Participant

Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69</noscript></noscript></noscript></noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron</noscript></noscript></noscript></noscript>

You both look upset.

Both of those faces are saying “dood the MFDs they sound real good but then there’s the QC it’s like the company dun give a shit so should I order another or no?”

I get blamed for everything!!! 😉<noscript>😉</noscript>

Man, if this post keeps getting quoted it’s going to turn into a big wall of scary.

It’s a monster rumble. The Eddies vs. the Whatevertheckmetronises

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69

Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>Profile picture of fcleff69<noscript>&lt;img src=”https://i2.wp.com/sctmmc.com/wp-content/uploads/avatars/3/5c1e391bdbb04-bpfull.jpg?resize=150%2C150&amp;amp;ssl=1&#8243; alt=”Profile picture of fcleff69″ /&gt;</noscript></noscript></noscript></noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>Profile picture of metron<noscript>&lt;img src=”https://i1.wp.com/sctmmc.com/wp-content/uploads/avatars/11/5bee2ecb7e47e-bpfull.jpg?resize=150%2C150&amp;amp;ssl=1&#8243; alt=”Profile picture of metron” /&gt;</noscript></noscript></noscript></noscript>

You both look upset.

I get blamed for everything!!! 😉<noscript>&lt;img class=”emoji” src=”https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/12.0.0-1/svg/1f609.svg&#8221; alt=”😉” /&gt;</noscript>

Or a big wall of No Script.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    metron

Or a big wall of No Script

So is that 1K an early 81? Looks like slot poles (81) but chrome hardware (80-81) so it’s transitional. CAR or trans?

Trivia time – the term wunkay was created as an alternative to “1K” because some of the early internet forums required at least 3 characters to perform a search, and wunkay is obviously more convenient than L1000 in terms of the total number of characters that need to be typed. The rest is history. 😀

Still4strings
    Participant

Or a big wall of No Script

So is that 1K an early 81? Looks like slot poles (81) but chrome hardware (80-81) so it’s transitional. CAR or trans?

Trivia time – the term wunkay was created as an alternative to “1K” because some of the early internet forums required at least 3 characters to perform a search, and wunkay is obviously more convenient than L1000 in terms of the total number of characters that need to be typed. The rest is history. 😀

And Tookay followed suit, of course!

fcleff69

Early 81. The neck is dated 12-26-80 and the body is dated 1-12-81 so a transitional instrument.

Still4strings
    Participant

Little known history on the L2000… The first customer to receive their shiny new 2-pickup G&L was from rural Ontario, and they were very excited to get their new toy. It was out for delivery on a cold day in early December. Upon seeing the delivery truck pull up the drive, the happy (but hatless and jacket-less) customer ran out to greet the delivery person despite the biting wind and pelting snow. They were far too anxious to get that bass-sized box back into the house and let it acclimate. The delivery person chided the over-anxious recipient for being underdressed in such weather. He said, “It’s freezing out here. You need your toque, eh?”

canadian Slouchy Toque. Canadian Fingerless Gloves | The Knitty ...

I’m sorry. I’m just sorry. #dadjokesftw

6 users thanked author for this post.
    metron

Early 81. The neck is dated 12-26-80 and the body is dated 1-12-81 so a transitional instrument.

No kidding! This one I had was dated mid/late December though I can’t remember the exact dates and I don’t have pics of the pocket. I recall it was the week before xmas 1980 for both body and neck. Like 12/15 and 12/22 or something like that. They could have been on some rack at the same time is something she definitely said lol!!

metron

I’m sorry.

Yeah no prob bro no prob. Should we send for help?

fcleff69

No kidding! This one I had was dated mid/late December

Do you still have it? That’s a dead ringer for mine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    metron

Wunkay R&B

Awesome man! The bass sounds great on that track. Curious, what is the back of the neck profile like? The one I had was a distinct V. It was weird. I heard 50s were like that too.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    metron

No kidding! This one I had was dated mid/late December

Do you still have it? That’s a dead ringer for mine.

Nope I sold it in like 2012. By chance it actually came back up for sale on CL early this year but I passed on it.I listed the ad here or in text or something. It was $1000. So $1 per toan. Might have been a good deal depending on where you live.

fcleff69

Curious, what is the back of the neck profile like? The one I had was a distinct V.

Mine feels more like a medium c.

Still4strings
    Participant

I’m sorry.

Probably.

Still4strings
    Participant

I’m sorry.

Probably.

I’m at risk for an event like the Summer of 2015  day-on-the-boat: “Hey kids, you know what kind of wood that dock is made out of? Hickory dickory. Yep, that’s a hickory dickory dock.”

ituobrey
    Participant

Mine feels more like a medium c

Implant shopping with Caitlin Jenner?

"Calmly, Powdered Toast Man...ASSESSES THE SITUATION!" -Gary Owens

fcleff69

Ew.

gbrooding
    Participant

I played my L-2000  at rehearsal for the first time last night.  Really sounded great.  Still getting comfortable with it.  Cant decide if I like series or parallel better.

A man's got to know his limitations....

Spidey2112

Bwawaahaha!

Endorsing scratchy pots, since 2019.

Still4strings
    Participant

@mktrat

I think this will get you north coil/parallel/south coil on both pickups on your L2000. I did this in my head and on paper, so somebody double check me if you can.

The switch is available at various electronic supply places. Alco #406PA also works.

Don’t burn your fingers. 😉

20200803_124320

Viewing 20 posts - 7,941 through 7,960 (of 8,076 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.

Skip to toolbar