Addressing Website Issues

Home Forums Bass Players Forum Addressing Website Issues

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Armyadarkness
    Keymaster
    Registered On: November 13, 2018
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 2707

It’s been a long time since we’ve had one of these threads, but it seems like it’s about time for one!

1. Lately, I’ve noticed that I don’t get email notifications for PM’s, and consequently, a few of you have PM’d me and I never responded.
    2. I also just discovered that many of your thread replies were hung up in limbo, marked as spam. I marked them clear… But I have no idea why that happened.
    3. The login/ Profile definitely needs work as well.

So I need to get to work on this stuff.

Have any of you had issues with email notifications and then resolved them? I’m unclear about which is “yes” or “no” in the settings menu.

As for your replies being marked as spam… I have no idea what that’s about, but if you notice that it happens, please let me know.

The site has worked well and I’m satisfied that it suits us and our future well, so I’ll be meeting with some pro’s in order to try and nail down the rest of these functionality issues.

Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas. When does this happen in the movie?

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112
    Registered On: November 14, 2018
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1301
    1. I would think a setting on your end, more than theirs… I just PM’d you. Let me know if you receive a notification.
    2. In Spam, as never having got posted?
    3. I had problems there for awhile, as I couldn’t get WP to log me out.  Anymore, I initiate the SCTMMC page, and it logs me in automatically. When I close the browser, it logs me out of SCTMMC, which Hef helped me prove.  Makes me wonder if I’m logged into WP 24/7… most places will have inactivity timers, logging you out automatically.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    fcleff69
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 2144

In order to bear some of the workload, I should be able to clear any posts marked as spam. So feel free to reach out to me, too. If I can’t take care of it I will pass it up the ladder.

The Coberator. My other car is a Rocinante.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Knuckleduster
    Participant
    Registered On: December 22, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 222

1.  I’ve never gotten email notifications for private messages.  I’ll get them for topic reply notifications, but nothing else.

3.  I’m unfamiliar with the inner workings of WordPress, but when SCTMMC was first opened up, I registered an account under an email address from Yahoo.  I cleared my cache as part of routine computer maintenance, and tried to log in again, and found that the site didn’t recognize my Yahoo email address.  I wound up re-applying for the site using my AOL email account, which is also registered to my blog, and as a result, my actual profile name on SCTMMC is the name of my blog…I’ve simply got my display name set as Knuckleduster.  So, when someone @’s me, I don’t get notification of that because @knuckeduster isn’t actually registered on this site.  Is there a way to unlock my original account or merge the two somehow?

Knuckleduster 2.0

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster
    1. I would think a setting on your end, more than theirs… I just PM’d you. Let me know if you receive a notification.
    2. In Spam, as never having got posted?
    3. I had problems there for awhile, as I couldn’t get WP to log me out. Anymore, I initiate the SCTMMC page, and it logs me in automatically. When I close the browser, it logs me out of SCTMMC, which Hef helped me prove. Makes me wonder if I’m logged into WP 24/7… most places will have inactivity timers, logging you out automatically.

I didn’t get an email alert, so I changed the button. try again please.

Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas. When does this happen in the movie?

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

Cleff, thanks for the offer, but I have no idea how to ddo a lot of this, so trying to teach you would probably cause more harm than good.

Knuckle, yes, in your profile under settings, email… You can select what you want to be notified for.

I don;t want to be notified when someone replies to my topics, but I do want to be notified if I get a PM or a friend request.

The site has quirks that I WILL fix… but up until now, I was so busy testing and populating that I never noticed many of the trivial annoyances.

Spidey2112

I didn’t get an email alert, so I changed the button. try again please.

Done.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Spidey2112

I get email alerts when my username is mentioned…

Armyadarkness
    Keymaster

I used to… Don’t know what happened, and the buttons for yes and no are confusing because of the colors.

I get your PMs, but no notification by email.

WaginDingbat
    Participant
    Registered On: November 16, 2018
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 574

To complicate things a multi quote option is handy.

Just putting it out there.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    XXL
    Participant
    Replies: 1015

I’d like to get a notification if someone quotes me in a thread or if I get a thanks. I get neither under activity.

If someone “@s” me it doesn’t work as XXL only as shawn73.

In thread pages if u happen to be the last two posts in that thread page, the page number is wrong.

For instance, if I am one of the last two to post in page 26 it will say I’m in page 27.
    If you then click on page 27 it is blank and then I need to go back to page 26 and scroll down to the bottom to see my post.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be

Spidey2112

For instance, if I am one of the last two to post in page 26 it will say I’m in page 27. If you then click on page 27 it is blank and then I need to go back to page 26 and scroll down to the bottom to see my post.

Yep… experienced this.

Spidey2112

Armya, just sent another PM to you, with your full username… see what happens, this time.

Mktrat
    Participant
    Registered On: November 21, 2018
    Replies: 663

For instance, if I am one of the last two to post in page 26 it will say I’m in page 27. If you then click on page 27 it is blank and then I need to go back to page 26 and scroll down to the bottom to see my post.

Yep… experienced this.

Every. Damn. Day.

Spidey2112

Just for Schitz and Gagballs, everyone should go check their profile, Settings, Email, and see what you have checked, and what you don’t…

… not sure if they are defaults, but mine are all checked ‘Yes’.

Mktrat
    Participant

Just for Schitz and Gagballs, everyone should go check their profile, Settings, Email, and see what you have checked, and what you don’t…

… not sure if they are defaults, but mine are all checked ‘Yes’.

@spidey2112

Mine are all checked yes, but don’t always seem to work correctly.

WaginDingbat
    Participant
    Registered On: November 16, 2018
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 574

I haven’t bothered with notifications here. I try to be regular and that is good enough. I think with the activity here it would be a butload if emails to just delete and then come here anyways.

I do do get them if I am tagged correctly but that’s it. That said I could probably turn them on for PMs as I never check those!!!

Spidey2112

Every. Damn. Day.

Received your email, loud and clear…

… and yes, I’m married, so stop THAT!

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Mktrat
    Participant

Every. Damn. Day.

Received your email, loud and clear…

… and yes, I’m married, so stop THAT!

Bwahahaha!!!

metron
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 743

I don’t have a lot to offer except that some of you may notice that if you modify your notifications on the site, it seems like it’s not working. Most of the same settings are also in your WP account which either overrides the site settings, or works in parallel with them.

In short, if you change notification settings, change them both here and in your WP account to ensure success.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.