Menu Close

Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

NSYMCE
Participant

Today in the shop for a preamp install, one of the last discontinued former “entry level” Marco Bass MV models, a semi-sibling to my fretless four. As soon as Marco started doing Jazz Bass knockoffs no one really wanted to buy these, even for crazy low prices. So only endorsers and friends get these leftovers now, and still for stupid small change for what they are. I’ll have to get it outdoors for a real pic when it stops raining, the wood figure on both the board and the body didn’t really come through at all. This bass sounds insane, easily in the $5K+ boutique tier IMO. As usual it’s been a pretty big challenge for me though, since Marco is constantly tweaking his pickup designs and a one size fits all preamp just won’t do it justice. All of a sudden I’m getting quite a few preamp commissions and I’m finally getting into the black with that, yay!

MV5_MR

8 users thanked author for this post.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.