Menu Close

Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

NSYMCE
Participant

Phuc it’s cold! 13° F. Tomorrow our winter preview will get down to single digits.

:/

I can see snow at about the 2000 ft level today and we’re at the mid-20s right now. Got my business trip done on Friday with minimal fuss, but I have a second one coming up in the next couple of weeks now because reasons. Travel in and out of my area is always a crapshoot at this time of the year.

My trip was partly to work out proof of concept for the new amp’s front panel. My friend’s wood stash wasn’t quite as deep as hoped for, so we did two burns on plywood and then this last one on some curly maple that had a few unfortunate dye stains that only asserted themselves when the clearcoat went on:

PW100B_FP_actual_2

Since it’s a throwaway we went ahead with our infilling experiment for the logo, and threw a Hail Mary at using blue tint to mask the stains:

PW100B_FP_bluestain

I’m bidding on some birdseye maple right now, but I’ve found quite a few other options if that falls through. Could’ve just gone with a nice normal  metal one by now for less money, but so it goes.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.