Menu Close

Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Still4strings
Participant

Here’s a good Samaritan story for today.

I woke up this morning and, surprise! My road is being repaved.

20201020_140751

That’s great, but I was expecting a mattress delivery. The paving was finished, but the road was still hot and soft (stop it). The mattress delivery company called me from the end of the road – their big truck was not allowed on the new pavement.

I walked the 5 minutes to the end of the road to talk to them and see if there was any way to solve this dilemma. The cop directing traffic away from the road sees me and guesses (correctly) that I’m on my way to talk to the delivery guys. He explains the truck is too big and will mess up the new pavement. Hmm. He says, what are you getting delivered? A mattress. He says, here’s the key to my truck. You can pick it up and it’ll be fine on the new pavement!

20201020_140627
20201020_125657

That was mighty nice of him. And mission accomplished. I thanked him and he said, no problem! Any time! (As if this scenario was likely to occur again, lol.) Well, it was nice of him to throw his keys to a total stranger. Benefits of living in a podunk town.

Causing trouble in the sctmmc since November 13th, 2018.

"Punk rock changed our lives." - D. Boon

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.