Skip to toolbar
Menu Close

Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

Home Forums SCTMMC Forum The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club Reply To: The Sarcastic, Coffee, Technology, Music, and Movie, Club

RAWNCHY R&R
Participant

That’s not the one we worked on is it?  That one went back right?  So I haven’t seen this one yet have I?  I like it.  Those remind me of my Modulus.

Nope. It’s new to the stable. I kept the green and was able to make it playable. Decided that I will have Mark from Texas Toast guitars build a custom neck when the time comes. I did buy two carbon fiber wrapped necks but the nut is slightly off because of the truss rod access (headstock vs. heel).

I will re-purpose them for another project. I gotta admit that the MM/J combination just works for me. That’s what I was trying to do with a G&L by having an active pre-amp system on a Jazz body and a #8 neck.

Fun Fact: Millenniums are the only basses I’ve owned in multiples at one time. They freaking kick ass and I would put them neck and neck with my L2500 and L5500 in terms of versatility. The jazz pickup on the Millenniums are actually stacked humbuckers and have a punchy sound to them. I’d love to get my hands on a set of MM/MM pickups to do a build with one of these necks.

20200324_141256
20200304_174038
20200304_174048

A.K.A – The Magical Luchadore, The Fiddler on the Roof, The Salty Dog, Grits and Gravy...

5 users thanked author for this post.

For New Registrations, "Contact Us" and Tell us Your Favorite Movie.